[Event] Bouckaert-Soenen Road & MTB 2014

T-Bob

The whole finishing section (last couple of KM) is quite dangerous, as you come down there at full tilt, and then have to negotiate road cones and shorter route riders that is blissfully unaware of what is going on around them. Had to take evasive action a few times today.

But it was a good day out there, nonetheless.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most Racetec go up on the same day. Road is also up.

Good fun ride today but man that was hot from the start. One of the best event vibes I reckon and always good they serve beer as well!

Rode the short route in the mixed bunch and was actually surprised about the good placing I ended up with. must have deserved that second beer then. ;)

i searched your surname too coz i thought maybe that was why but got no hits for you either.

-found you. just emailed them.what a waste of 120 rand!

i searched your surname too coz i thought maybe that was why but got no hits for you either.

-found you. just emailed them.what a waste of 120 rand!

If you are a new member it normally takes a day or two before your results will show.

Does anyone know if the guys that crashed by the cones coming towards finish in D group are OK? Sounded pretty nasty behind me.

Does anyone know if the guys that crashed by the cones coming towards finish in D group are OK? Sounded pretty nasty behind me.

As a non PPA member I entered online and had the option of been timed by purchasing a race tec module which I did. On race day the announcement is made that only PPA members will have a time made available to them on the website , bit late to mention this I thought but commonsense tells me that race tec would most probably have all timed persons on their website in any case.

Thus far no result for me for the 47KM MTB though it seems some have accessed times online .I’ll give it a day or so then thank the responsible persons for wasting my money .

I've never heard anything bad against Di2until today. There was guy as we started in our group who's rear mech was sounding like machine gun as it changed up and down automatically at pace. He didn't look impressed but better at the beginning than 1/2 way round I guess.

Cyclelab Cat 2 report (not my work)

Sunday 26 January saw the Boukert Soenen league race taking place in Paarl. It was another early start with the subvets setting off at 6.20am.

A good pace was set from the start with many attempted attacks as most of the riders would have liked to be clear of the field before getting to the Riebeek Kasteel climb, shortly before half way. When arriving at the climb however, things where still pretty much all together. The pace was hard up and over the climb with numerous splits, but by the time the T junction was reached at the bottom on the other side, most of the bunch were back together, apart from a few riders who had been left behind.

The second half of the race then had a lot more attacks, with Cyclelab's break away king, Luke Hardiman, trying on numerous occasions, only to be chased down by the field, as he was now known to be a threat, having successfully managed to make one stick in the previous weeks race. Tim Osrin was then in a break of 3 for a couple of kilometers but as it looked like it was coming back together, John Wakefield launched another attack and pulled clear with 4 other riders. Shortly after that another group of 4, including Neil Bradford, jumped across to form a leading group of 9.

This group held off the chasing field to the finish with Neil taking 4th spot and John 5th. As the group dashed for the line, Tim got a 12th overall and Luke 20th, giving Cyclelab a further extension to their lead in the team competition. Another successful days racing for the Cyclelab subvets team.

Good, dominant ride from JP Jacobs yesterday to put himself back in contention for the Cat 2 GC - rode away from everyone up the climb by a good 30 seconds, got chased down, solo'ed off the front again 12k's later, chased down again after about 25 minutes, attacked again up the Windmeul roller to bridge to the winning break and got 3rd in the sprint.

Guest Frail4Life

I see our little Chasing bunch Only had 14mins gap on you Leaders.

Nice riding.

Archived