Mtb rides from Broadacres??

twin rings

Hi all,

Any group riding MTB from Broadacres in the early morning and don't mind me tagging along? I'm a bit nervous to go into Chartwell and surrounds on my own so I'm riding next to or on the road into the Cradle. Would much prefer to do a proper MTB ride!!

In terms of safety Chartwell is fine for riding alone - I've been doing it for almost a year now with absolutely no incident (if you don't include being knocked down on Cedar while riding home :) ). Gravel roads and tracks, just have a look where the local kids ride on their off road bikes on the weekend. Best to just explore the area in your own time.

In terms of safety Chartwell is fine for riding alone - I've been doing it for almost a year now with absolutely no incident (if you don't include being knocked down on Cedar while riding home :) ).

+1 - after riding it for 8 months, had my first taxi-bumping incident last week on Cedar @ Lisabank. I do the route at least once a week (cradle to sandton in the am) and you don't even need to ride on Cedar to avoid the risk - head out the back of Broadacres straight into Chartwell. You can ride all the way to Harties touching tar twice to cross roads.

PM Gnarly, he does his skelm training there during the week and knows all the trails. He is the strongest, leanest, most gifted rider I know so be warned...... it may hurt.

Thanks guys, i have done the out and back route from B'acres to the new swerage plant with a group on Saturdays a few times but always been a bit wary of doing it or part of it on my own.

Manbear, you have successfully scared me away from Gnarly!! :)

Manbearpig needs to take his medication.....

I only ride from BA on the weekend. During the week I go do the Engen Classic. Some times road, other times MTB.

See not such skelm training.

Can help you out on weekends if you keen. Saturdays are normally 70-80k's and Sundays 40-60k's.

Cheers

Thanks Gnarly, I'm usually sorted on the weekends.....and going by your reputation not at your level yet.

Safe riding,