ELEVEN Olympic - 1.5km swim, 40km bike and 10km run. Minimum age 18

ELEVEN Sprint - 750m swim, 20km bike and 5km run. Minimum age 16

ELEVEN Super sprint - 400m swim,10km bike and 2.5km run. Minimum age12

Highly over rated race imo ....few boring flat loops around big bay

ELEVEN Prize Money

Only for Olympic distance

Overall Male and Female

1st:R1000 2nd:R750 3rd:R500

Entry fee R880 at current exchange rates ...

If you come second it doesn't even cover your entry? Seems a bit odd.

Too expensive for a rather boring race. Would rather pay about the same and do the ITU race at the Waterfront in April.

I think this is also about a week before Xterra, which is twice the race at half the entry fee.

Too expensive for a rather boring race. Would rather pay about the same and do the ITU race at the Waterfront in April.

I think this is also about a week before Xterra, which is twice the race at half the entry fee.

Couldn't agree more .... skipping Xterra though but looking forward to GWWW - 3km Swim, 70 Bike, 30 Run R495 limited field and takes place in a national park.

Did it last year and agree with the sentiment of it being overpriced.

I'm going to do it again this year solely for the comparative value as this would be the first time that I race the same course.

Not sure yet. Have to agree that it's a boring race and the cost is a bit too high. Would also rather do the ITU race.

• 4 weeks later...

So, a blistering hot morning. All and all I actually had fun. I think it is mostly because of the swim which leaves you in no doubt that you are in the ocean. Usual bike with a few ocean views and a lot of bumps. Run, well... boring but quite a challenge due to the heat.

I can't say that I'm sorry that I went. Only one major and one smaller complaint: for the second year running they ran out of water on the run course (my 2nd lap). Completely rubbish. Do you not listen/learn from all the complaints last year? Also, again a 45 min late start, which doesn't help with the heat. Wake up people.

If I was doing offroad tri's, I wouldn't do this at all and rather go for Xterra. But since I'm not it was a morning well spent...

Looking at the results I think 11Global has their work cut out to keep their race in CT. There were only 69 male entrants to the Olympic distance this year compared to 120 last year...

Edited by Snytjie

Looking at the results I think 11Global has their work cut out to keep their race in CT. There were only 69 male entrants to the Olympic distance this year compared to 120 last year...

Sad I know many of the local guys I coach could not afford the cost so soon after 70.3 or before SA's or IM. The fact that it is priced in $ and converted to Rand was also a factor with the Rand dropping.

Agreed. Just too expensive for what it is. Dropping close to R1000 for 2 and a half hours' entertainment is a bit much for me.