there's lids. And then there's lids.

Guest notmyname

If you have a R 150 head, buy a R 150 helmet.... :-)

I have a used head, that's why I'm fine with buying a used helmet.

Guest notmyname

Cellar, it was 6 hunt man. Now I'm puking in my mouth a bit for not waiting for Pieter1's post. It might be going back to the store...

Cellar, it was 6 hunt man. Now I'm puking in my mouth a bit for not waiting for Pieter1's post. It might be going back to the store...

TBH I would.if I were you. Me,Slick, Ryanpmb, Flowta and some other okes bought one. REALLY good value for your Rands. In the latest purchase thread there are picks and a link to one or another international lid testing thing were they rate it. And it is from Scandinavia, have you heard their metal bands? Thats reason enough for me to buy it already.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't specialized replace the helmet at 100%?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't specialized require that you service your helmut every 6 months and the replacement sponge- thingies cost, like 500-00 Randelas each? :whistling:

On serious note: of the helmuts mentioned here, there are a few really nice ones. Would love to have a etto, scott or even a specialized. But what I really hate is this visible branding on the things.

Ja, tell me on the inside of the dop that it is from the Avenger range and is called the Peace Flower; but outside I want no name and no logos .

Does anyone sell big name brand helmuts without visible logos?

Bought a Spez S3 MTB. Most comfortable helmet ever. And I have had Giro Monza, Rudy project something or other and a Kask Mojito for the Road.

In the end you have to go down to the shop, put them on the noggin and then get a feel for it. Shake your head like you are in a mosh pit, jump up and down, hit the helmet with the hand. There should be no pressure points because they become irritating as hell and the helmet should not move around on your head. Not all helmets fit all heads. And just because the most expensive or the cheapest of a certain brand does not fit, it does not mean the other models wont. Last time we went helmet shopping it took about 2 hours before we finally decided on the Spez S3.

those actually look pretty cool.

They are hey. It is really well ventilated, on almost each ride I get a little brain freeze. Good summer helmet, in winter you'll have to wear a buff underneath.

Bought a Spez S3 MTB. Most comfortable helmet ever. And I have had Giro Monza, Rudy project something or other and a Kask Mojito for the Road.

In the end you have to go down to the shop, put them on the noggin and then get a feel for it. Shake your head like you are in a mosh pit, jump up and down, hit the helmet with the hand. There should be no pressure points because they become irritating as hell and the helmet should not move around on your head. Not all helmets fit all heads. And just because the most expensive or the cheapest of a certain brand does not fit, it does not mean the other models wont. Last time we went helmet shopping it took about 2 hours before we finally decided on the Spez S3.

True. Small fry you are welcome to try mine on for size.