2014 Silverback Sprada1

Pieterg

Looks nice. I'd also be interested in some feedback once you have ridden it a few times. What do they go for?

Looks nice. I'd also be interested in some feedback once you have ridden it a few times. What do they go for?

26 - 28k

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have one! Best bike ever. Had to play around with the rear suspension a bit to get the correct "feel". Now climbs like a mountain goat! I never lock the rear into "Climb" anymore. Just leave it in "Trail".

Changed the tyres to GEAX TNT and changed the rear cassette to 11 - 36. Came out with 11 - 34. My first 29er so need the extra few teeth on the gears :whistling:

A lot of guys think this is just a trail bike, but I have done a few races and nothing wrong with it for normal XC!

You will love it!

Was looking at on the otherday, not a bad bike.

Will be testing one out in the next week or two and also it's 650b sibbling

Het die naweek vir die eerste keer met die Sprada ge race.Wat n fantastese bike klim goed 110% op die down hills en 150% in die single tracks.Ek het n lekker dual gehad met n paar 26" maar down hill en single track kon ek hulle uit mekaar ry.

Kan die fiets vir almal aanbeveel

Once the suspension is tuned in for your weight it is a dream. I did the xterra full in Grabouw on Sunday. Track was gnarly, but the Sprada just soaked it up! Was even passing guys on the climbs :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

@Pieterg and @cobus3000 are you still happy with the sprada1? I'm trying to decide between sprada1 and anthem x1.

It will be my first duallie so I'm itching to get it but torn between these 2 bikes.

Any advice will be welcome with regards to helping me choose.

@Pieterg and @cobus3000 are you still happy with the sprada1? I'm trying to decide between sprada1 and anthem x1.

It will be my first duallie so I'm itching to get it but torn between these 2 bikes.

Any advice will be welcome with regards to helping me choose.

I have the exact same problem... first DS and also between Anthem and Sprada...

Hi, I have this years Anthem X1. I LOVE it, it is light and fast for a dual suspension bike! However, my first ever mtb was a Silverback 26er and I still have it - it is now my daughters bike..! I really think whichever you go for you will be happy. However, I would advise the Giant because I am biased toward it :)

Ciao.

I have the exact same problem... first DS and also between Anthem and Sprada...

I'm leaning towards the sprada with its specs and travel but still can't take my eyes off the anthem. It is a thing of beauty.