2014 Silverback Sprada1

Pieterg

Hi, I have this years Anthem X1. I LOVE it, it is light and fast for a dual suspension bike! However, my first ever mtb was a Silverback 26er and I still have it - it is now my daughters bike..! I really think whichever you go for you will be happy. However, I would advise the Giant because I am biased toward it :)

Ciao.

How are you finding the 2x10 setup? I'm going for a test ride on the anthem later today. Can't really test the sprada because they only have a medium test bike and I need large.

Hey Bullet.

I really like the 2x10 set up as it is so simple and noiseless. In my opinion it offers the widest range of gear choice for the least amount of mechanical effort (hope you understand what I mean by that!). The specs on the Giant SA website say that the Anthem should come with a 11-36 cassette - I would recommend that you make sure that it is fitted for you just for that extra low down gear in case it is needed. I come from a 3x9 set up and mechanically speaking, I prefer the 2x10. I have also yet to ride anywhere where 2x10 is not enough. Hope this helps....

Hey Bullet, me again.

The Anthem has plenty travel and the components used are creamy smooth and more than sufficient. I would not get too tied up with specs - I can assure you that the Anthem's all work very well. PS, I have already changed the wheelset though - I have a set of normal AM classics on. Mmmmmm, I LOVE my bike!

Ciao.

Hey Bullet.

I really like the 2x10 set up as it is so simple and noiseless. In my opinion it offers the widest range of gear choice for the least amount of mechanical effort (hope you understand what I mean by that!). The specs on the Giant SA website say that the Anthem should come with a 11-36 cassette - I would recommend that you make sure that it is fitted for you just for that extra low down gear in case it is needed. I come from a 3x9 set up and mechanically speaking, I prefer the 2x10. I have also yet to ride anywhere where 2x10 is not enough. Hope this helps....

Thanks for the input Gary that's one thing less to worry about now. I'm looking forward to the test ride later.

Hey Bullet, me again.

The Anthem has plenty travel and the components used are creamy smooth and more than sufficient. I would not get too tied up with specs - I can assure you that the Anthem's all work very well. PS, I have already changed the wheelset though - I have a set of normal AM classics on. Mmmmmm, I LOVE my bike!

Ciao.

This is one of the things I like about the Sprada 1 is that it comes with a really good wheelset. The bikes are priced about the same and I like both, gonna have to decide soon its driving me nuts.

I ride a silverback hardtail, but I believe that silverback is great value for your money. Well done on the sponser Pieter and all the best for the Epic.

This is one of the things I like about the Sprada 1 is that it comes with a really good wheelset. The bikes are priced about the same and I like both, gonna have to decide soon its driving me nuts.

A good kind of nuts :) . I think you will enjoy whichever one you get!

Epic on my Silverback Gaint under spec and sorry you dont ride frame you ride spec and wheels.ztr wheels 110%
the frame is the heart and soul of the ride.....It is hugely important unless unless you just grind away on gravel roads.

Suspension and wheels are next. ....component s are just about all good from slx and up

• 2 weeks later...

@Pieterg and @cobus3000 are you still happy with the sprada1? I'm trying to decide between sprada1 and anthem x1.

It will be my first duallie so I'm itching to get it but torn between these 2 bikes.

Any advice will be welcome with regards to helping me choose.

Hi. I love my bike! Once suspension is set-up properly you never lock rear shock, just leave in trail mode. Climbs superbly! Extra bit of travel is great and it is still capable of being a XC race bike. More versatile than Anthem imho..

I'm leaning towards the sprada with its specs and travel but still can't take my eyes off the anthem. It is a thing of beauty.

Need to see the Sprada in the metal or aluminium to appreciate its beauty. The pics don't do it justice

Epic on my Silverback Gaint under spec and sorry you dont ride frame you ride spec and wheels.ztr wheels 110%

Hey Pieter! How was the Epic on the Sprada?