2014 Cape Town Enduro Races

Headshot

I think it's a bit unfair to imply that Meurant and Arina are ripping people off and making HUGE money off of it.

They have both done an immense amount for the good of Mountain biking in South Africa, a lot at THEIR cost.

Out of curiosity how much did the WPDH Enduro cost?

Nevermind, found it, R200.

Hang on! Dirtopia's one is also R200 (or R175 if an AMArider member)

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then Nico, if you are so big mouth why don't you get involved and also sacrifice your sleeping late on a Sunday morning? why don't you sacrifice your race run? why don't you drive your own vehicle and petrol out to get the events going? why don't you put your own money into running these events so others can have fun? please tell me why? or are you also just another golfer?

Hmmmm...

Because I don't want to?

You see I appreciate what WP does for gravity. In fact I appreciate it so much that I cancel family plans and pay them R300 to go and take part.

So excuse my "big mouth", but I put my money where it's at. Maybe WP shouldn't be so sensitive to consumer criticism. Unless of course it wants to be the proverbial beach bum complaining about how Billabong ruined surfing...

Myles you don't represent TokaiMTB in any way shape or form so please stop with the "we" bull****. You tried to get elected and you were rejected.

Remember?

As far as the other guys.

1. Please remember that Hanco is doing this for free

2. Without his efforts there would be very few of the races we've all been frothing for.

3. No one is stopping anyone on here to attempt to organize their own enduro race

4. It's the first season of this type of racing so there are bound to be a few teething problems

5. the delays at other gravity events are usually the result of the riders themselves. Trying to squeeze out another run and delaying everyone else or ending themselves and having a medic attend to them.

Let's try to be supportive rather than critical.

100%

I think guys need to chill a bit.

Issues have been pointed out, now the guys have a focus point for improvement.

WPDH needs a workshop (aka few rounds of beer) to talk out the underlying problem.

REALLY looking forward to the next one!!!!

Myles you don't represent TokaiMTB in any way shape or form so please stop with the "we" bull****. You tried to get elected and you were rejected.

Remember?

Duane, don't start this again.just because I'm no longer on the committee it doesn't mean I'm not involved. I'm also a part of tokai mtb, and even though 8 haven't been at the last 2 build days due to family commitments it doesn't mean I'm not allowed to give insight on the goings on.

100%

I think guys need to chill a bit.

Issues have been pointed out, now the guys have a focus point for improvement.

WPDH needs a workshop (aka few rounds of beer) to talk out the underlying problem.

REALLY looking forward to the next one!!!!

100%

Wait wait wait.

How did we go from "awesome event, but the wait sucked" to "Hey Nico, go f*ck yourself you ungrateful piece of slime"?

Seriously, if you're not open to criticism (fair criticism mind you because it's coming from numerous sources), then maybe you should reassess whether you're cut out for this?

If I do pro bono legal work I'm not excused from standards and rules. My client is still entitled to the best I can offer, even if it's for free.

Somehow you think that because you don't make a profit I must shut up about concerns? Sorry, but you're immature and wrong. So very very wrong.

The fact that I complain to you, the organiser, instead of, you know, skinnering behind your back (which seems to be all the rage in the gravity scene) and staying away from your events should tell you that I care about your success. But if you choose to alienate me and handle it the way you have, well then I'll take that as a friendly invite to not pay you money anymore.

Guess you'll then truly learn the meaning of "free".

How about you start riding more and not piss and moan on everyone, maybe then you wont fall off your bike as often?

Ad hominem much?

Then Nico, if you are so big mouth why don't you get involved and also sacrifice your sleeping late on a Sunday morning? why don't you sacrifice your race run? why don't you drive your own vehicle and petrol out to get the events going? why don't you put your own money into running these events so others can have fun? please tell me why? or are you also just another golfer?

Sorry, but I need to answer again.

1. I do sacrifice my late Sunday sleep, because you advertise an early start (but start an hour late everytime).

2. I do drive my own vehicle and petrol out to get the event going (how else do you think your customers get there?)

3. I do put my own money into running these events (or is my entry paid with monopoly money?).

What do you not understand?

Wait wait wait.

How did we go from "awesome event, but the wait sucked" to "Hey Nico, go f*ck yourself you ungrateful piece of slime"?

Also struggling to make that leap. Think it was his attack on Meurant and Arina...

Also struggling to make that leap. Think it was his attack on Meurant and Arina...

Which he has still not addressed nor justified.

Sorry, but I need to answer again.

1. I do sacrifice my late Sunday sleep, because you advertise an early start (but start an hour late everytime).

2. I do drive my own vehicle and petrol out to get the event going (how else do you think your customers get there?)

3. I do put my own money into running these events (or is my entry paid with monopoly money?).

why don't you ask the organiser that in person?

why don't you ask the organiser that in person?

I am asking you. You're a representative of WP. You organise the event.

Oh, wait. Are you insinuating that I'm a keyboard warrior too scared to face you? Ha ha ha. Ok, sorry. My bad. I didn't realise that this is the direction we're taking it.

Ok next time I see you at Jonkers I'll ask you.

I am asking you. You're a representative of WP. You organise the event.

Oh, wait. Are you insinuating that I'm a keyboard warrior too scared to face you? Ha ha ha. Ok, sorry. My bad. I didn't realise that this is the direction we're taking it.

Ok next time I see you at Jonkers I'll ask you.

mistaken identity maybe?

who says I am an event organiser?

And Hanco, what boggles the mind is why couldn't you just reply with a simple "Hey guys, thanks for the support. We realise that the repeated late starts and wait at SS1 is a problem. This is why it happened. Here is what we're doing to fix it."?

Would that have been sooooo hard?

mistaken identity maybe?

who says I am an event organiser?

Are you not Hanco Binneman, who has been driving the WP events? Well if you're not, then apologies to Hanco (in absentia).

Are you not Hanco Binneman, who has been driving the WP events? Well if you're not, then apologies to Hanco (in absentia).

No this is the second time this has happened.

Thus me saying speak to the event organiser.

Archived