The Classics

T-Bob

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Garmin has now moved to lead the chase, which may explain why the gap is down to 4:58.

Looks like the field decided it was really time to get serious, as the gap is now under 4 minutes.

We have a slight gap within the peloton, with the second half scurrying to catch up again.

Matthias Brändle came into today's race looking to make up for IAM's lack of a Classics win to date. He is certainly doing a good job in the break group, but no way they will make it to the end at this rate.

The field winds it way through a town and aroun the church. Those who just took off from the field have been caught, but the pace is incredibly high at the moment with, once again, Garmin and Lotto doing the work.

The break group crosses the finish line and heads off for another lap of the circuit course.

This high pace is in fact splintering the field. One rider each from Lotto and Quick Step have a tiny lead over the field, which crosses the finish line 2:05 after the lead group.