The Classics

T-Bob

The biggest factor will be the cold weather. You’re seeing riders having crises before we even get to the climbs. They came down the Turchino and a lot of riders took layers off but it’s started raining again and gone down in temp. Saving energy and getting into position and the right spot is crucial. It’s going to be a key.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eish, images of the finish line show puddles of standing water across the road, as the rain continues to fall.

The organisers have got some sweeping to do...

Going to be swimming at the finish line looking at the amount of rain and standing water there!!

Parrinello has also lost contact with the leaders so the break is down to just four riders.

And riders are really starting to struggle at the back of the peloton with more and more starting to struggle.

Less than 50km to go and still a 5 min advantage. I was wrong - looks like the break will easily make it past the Cipressa.

Maybe all the way to the finish?

It's now Orica and Katusha who are setting the pace, Orica for Matthews and Katusha for Kristoff. Both riders are outsiders for today but with such brutal conditions they can't be ruled out.

Brett Lancaster who came into the race for Gerrans slips to the back of the bunch as we see Mark Cavendish in the bunch, protected by his teammates. He looks to be suffering but so does everyone else. Cavendish is near the front and that's a good sign for the British rider.

Paolini has a bottle of warm liquid and pours it straight over his gloves in a bid to warm his hands.