The Classics

T-Bob

Orica are still setting the pace for the peloton as Omega move up with a handful of riders. Out in front and Jos van Emden (Belkin) only has a handful of seconds on the main break.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the back of the peloton a number of riders are getting rid of jackets and extra layers as we move into the final 65km of action.

Van Emden is back with the break but they only have around a minute now on the peloton with 63km to go.

Smukulis is the next rider to chance his arm from the break. Again he goes alone and there's no reaction from the rest of the break.

There's a crash near the back of the peloton. A couple of riders down but they're all up smartly and back on their bikes. Testi from Androni is the only rider with a slight mechanical from the fall.

There's a crash near the back of the peloton. A couple of riders down but they're all up smartly and back on their bikes. Testi from Androni is the only rider with a slight mechanical from the fall.

The Katusha man hugs the right hand side of the smooth road in a bid to avoid the cobbles as IAM Cycling now set the pace for the peloton as they hit the climb too.

The next climb is just around the corner but there's a couple of little attacks from the peloton. The break meanwhile have brought back Smukulis.

Boonen attacks. Joined by rider from Orica-GreenEDGE and Ag2r La Mondiale.

Now we talking business. he loves to go from far out.

Onto the Taaineberg and there's a huge attack from the break as there's also an huge attack from Boonen at the foot of the climb.