The Classics

T-Bob

Hoogerland has only just made contact with the back of the field, as Trek put a man on the front to help Omega with the pace setting. No sign from Sagan and his Cannondale teammates yet.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wiggins is still near the front, making his mark on the race for Team Sky. He has Thomas close by and the British team will be hoping that the Welsh rider hasn't damaged himself too badly from the crash.

The peloton crest the top of the second climb, and are 4'33 down on the bunch with 136km to go.

A problem for Farrar at the back of the bunch but he's been given a push and he's back chasing. The bunch are strung out though as they hit another section of flat open roads.

Now they sit up and it allows for more riders to chase back and make contact. Omega are stretching the field on the flat sections, they're not allowing any let up as they want to keep their position ahead of the next climb. Hushovd is now waiting for the BMC team car.

A front wheel change as up ahead Phinney takes a turn on the front of the break.

12:29:00 CEST

A fast right hand corner for the peloton but they then sit up and look back to see who has made it. Omega are trying to make the race hard even at these early stages. Phinney is still on the front of the break as we see Sagan about 30 riders back in the bunch.

Trek lead us onto the Eikenberg and Hushovd is making contact with the bunch, Breschel has a new bike and is with him.

A witness told VTM that an older woman tried to cross the street and Vansummeren was unable to avoid a collision. Both Vansummeren and the woman were driven to the hospital. The woman seemed unconscious. The latest information came from Sporza where a doctor would have informed them that the woman is still alive but in critical condition.

The break have crested the Wolvenberg and the lead is at 4'16 with 125km to go.

Impey take the middle of the road, along the cobbles as Palini swings out and moves into the gutter. He then runs out of road and swings back into line.

And there's a crash for Jurgen Roelandts and he's on the ground. He was briefly on his feet but then dropped back down again. He looks out to me. He was on the podium last year.

That's a massive blow for Lotto and their hopes for today. Can Tony Gallopin step up?