Meintjes Wins The South African Elite Road Championships

News bot

I received the following email from CSA now, but to be honest, I still don't quite understand the part underlined (by me). It might be me being tired late in the day, but can somebody please explain in simple terms?

Daryl Impey’s Orica GreenEdge team has approached the UCI for clarification of the rule, as there is no definitive ruling regarding jersey distribution per se, that we can find in the rule set. As Cycling SA, we will accept any decision of the UCI, provided that the ruling is backed by clear, established rules.

ENDS

Yeah. Meaning that rules aside, the UCI allows some room for national federations to do what is best for the sport when it comes to national titles. I think CSA dropped the ball big time here.

I mean take the example of the USPRO champs. Even non US riders compete, and have won it before (although it does seem like Fast Freddie's name is already engraved on the trophy most years) but when they win, the jersey passes to the first US rider.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say this is stupid.

But then, let's not forget the talent that is Louis. Only 21! I'm expecting big things from him in the future.

let's not forget the talent that is Louis. Only 21! I'm expecting big things from him in the future.

No one disputes this.

What we question is CSA's decision to limit the exposure our country, our riders, our talent have to market themselves overseas.