Pietermaritzburg gears up for 2014 season-opening MTB World Cup

News bot

Ag bloody hell not only is iy the first weekend after school starts, it's also the weekend of my boets 40th bday party.

Wonder if I could convince him to move the party from jhb to maritzburg.. mmm

Might be easier to persuade him to move it to the next weekend!

It's well worth the trip... Granted last year was world champs.. But I have never be prouder to be a south African.. and the vibe at the end is awesome

and the vibe at the end is awesome... so awesome I posted it twice

Edited by Stretch

Might be easier to persuade him to move it to the next weekend!

It's well worth the trip... Granted last year was world champs.. But I have never be prouder to be a south African.. and the vibe at the end is awesome

Well the vibe at my house was crazy after GM won, can only imagine what it was like there. Lol

Aaaaand the excuse is.....?

(It better be a family emergency.... I hear there might be a quad or two with the keys "left" in the ignition... Some of them may or may not be used to transport beer.....)

My best friend's 50th. I'll be in Durbs that weekend for it. Forgot the DH - which is what I really want to watch - was now scheduled for Saturday afternoon. Doubt I'd be able to get back to the Berea on time after Greg wins…again.

But I have you scheduled for a pizza and beer evening again.... :mellow:

You should've booked me earlier.

Me too. I'm all World Cupped out...

I'm not! I could so do it again!

Well - unlike what Alec says - The Courses are in for BIG changes ...

XC will be totally new. Nick has some amazing stuff up his sleeve with a course that will be insanely spectator friendly, but at the same time gnarly.

And then the DH - well I'll just have to let you all wait and see - if you are in and around Cascades over the next couple of weeks - go and have a look around Cloud 9, Haibo, and Slip n Slide (where Hill crashed) and maybe you will see some changes

Well - unlike what Alec says - The Courses are in for BIG changes ...

XC will be totally new. Nick has some amazing stuff up his sleeve with a course that will be insanely spectator friendly, but at the same time gnarly.

And then the DH - well I'll just have to let you all wait and see - if you are in and around Cascades over the next couple of weeks - go and have a look around Cloud 9, Haibo, and Slip n Slide (where Hill crashed) and maybe you will see some changes

Damnit! Now I might have to come done some days earlier to see all of that.

Dammmnnnn! My bother doesn't want to move his wedding

Pffft Brothers hey, mine doesn't want to move his 40th either.