Whats up with Kyalami?

markStockton

Does anyone know what is going on with cycling at Kyalami? Both last Thursday as well as tonight we where told by the Kyalami officials that cycling was cancelled, however no reason was given and weather wasn't a factor. I get the impression the guy's from Troisport are equally baffled at least one of them was there tonight.  

Well according to their web site that should be open the whole week this week http://www.troisport.co.za/grandprix.htm

Baffled Scmaffled

It's actually bullsh*t! Last week Thursday the track only opened at 18:00PM! Get there at 16:40PM and look like an asshole... Rode around Kyalami but not on the track. If they have a web site I suggest they keep it up to date. Imagine the chaps from the east / west rand coming through and then being told, Oh sorry it's closed! Hows about Oh sorry give me petrol money... It totally throws your training off and wastes time!

I suggest if the track opens at 17:30PM or 18:00PM they can forget about us paying the full R15!

Does anyone have news/information on why there's such a BIG fat COCK up!?!? there!?!?

We could complain all we want, but if we get to irate with them I am sure that they will just close the track and tell everyone to go and ride on the roads outside.

I snuck out of work early today to ride to Kyalami. This was because our morning ride was rained on. Would have been the first time I'd trained there in more than four years.

Alas, it was not to be. IanJ sms'd to say it was cancelled by the time I reached the Woodmead turnoff on the old Joburg road. So I decided to spice up my ride home by turning left and detouring through Alex on the way home. In hindsight maybe not the smartest thing to do alone, but all went well in the end. Even got directions from a friendly taxi driver.