Amashova 2014 - School holidays

Tokyo

First hi to old fiends and new as it has been a while since my last visit.

Now to start by complaining.

This year the School holidays have changed to be a week later than usual and now they coincide with the Amahova this I guess is great for someone with crib midgets but sucks monkey balls for me...

Thought I would get a early start on getting good accommodation, apparently not early enough as all the affordable accommodation is gone.

FYI this is the first the other party will hear for my negative experience but did not think the department of education will give a flying .... about my accommodation problems.

Rant over.

It does not make sense to me why one would spend so much money to go do a one day race, say Argus or Amashova etc.

It does not make sense to me why one would spend so much money to go do a one day race, say Argus or Amashova etc.

I like cycling, I like taking a holiday, I like cycling on my holidays. I do not just go down for the day hence the accommodation, so not really spending so much money to do a one day race.

Hello Sharkie.

Its obvious you haven't done either yet.

Do one, and then you will know.

I like cycling, I like taking a holiday, I like cycling on my holidays. I do not just go down for the day hence the accommodation, so not really spending so much money to do a one day race.

It's great having a family holiday coincide with a cycling event ... it keeps everyone happy. :thumbup:

One of the reasons why Knysna Cycle Tour remains quite popular.

Knysna and oyster festival - great vibe and events are fun too. Argus vibe does more to keep me going back than taking a 4 day break or visiting CT. Amashova is a great race too, only think that has limited me from doing it more often is the logistics of starting in PMB and finishing in Durbs.

Hello Sharkie.

Its obvious you haven't done either yet.

Do one, and then you will know.

Hehe bud I have done the Argus 2 times already. Unfortunately I can't take a full weeks leave with my job commitments so I need to squeeze it in over a "long weekend". Both my previous times going down were paid by the work so for me to go down to Cape Town is just to expensive for the weekend just for the Argus. Next is a different story though where it is worth going down doing the Tour de Boland the week and the Argus the Sunday.