New want to start cycling

Sprinkle

Hi. I am new to this forum and new to the cycling world. I am looking at buying my first bike. A have decide on a mountain bike. But my plan is to do the 94'7 this year. I have looked at the bike stores and I still have no idea what is the good beginner bike. Scott, trex, titan? Can any one help me. Thanx in advance. Ps my budget on the lower side.

Hi. I am new to this forum and new to the cycling world. I am looking at buying my first bike. A have decide on a mountain bike. But my plan is to do the 94'7 this year. I have looked at the bike stores and I still have no idea what is the good beginner bike. Scott, trex, titan? Can any one help me. Thanx in advance. Ps my budget on the lower side.

IMHO you should check out the classifieds and get a second hand bike. Next and very important, make sure it is the right size and it "fits". Get someone who knows the basic to help you. Then ride the bike and ride it some more and only then decide if you like the sport and want to upgrade later.

Upgrade you will, no matter what bike you buy!

My 2c worth.

Oh yes, welcome.

Edited by Sepia

Welcome.

I would suggest you visit your LBS (local bike shop)

They are the people to set you on the correct path.

road = road bike

off road = 29er

singletrack = 26er

fun =single speed.

Seriously decide what you want to do. Consider a second hand bike on your budget. Make friends with hubbers, and see what happens.

Scott se raam breek, titan is bietjie swaar, maar kry goeie kompomente by die bike. Ek hou persoonlik baie van Giant nou op my 3de Giant en ek is mal oor hom. Momsen is ook 'n goeie brand wat in die mark is. Die beste sal wees om van fietswinkel na fietswinkel te ry en fisies met die fietse te ry, dis die beste manier om uit te vind watse bike om te koop.

Thank you all for replying. I am pretty sure I want to take up the sport. I spinning 4 times a week and want to take it to the next level. I have been to the local bike shop and they recommend both the trex and Scott. I do think a second hand one would be better. But was recommended a small frame bike and can not find many small ones in the classifieds.

IMHO you should check out the classifieds and get a second hand bike. Next and very important, make sure it is the right size and it "fits". Get someone who knows the basic to help you. Then ride the bike and ride it some more and only then decide if you like the sport and want to upgrade later.

Upgrade you will, no matter what bike you buy!

My 2c worth.

Oh yes, welcome.

What he said.

Welcome to thehub.