Review: Giant Anthem 27.5 1

Claudio

Haa Haa lol , 67kg actually , not sure what baggy pants was saying about the climb but I think it climbs rather well , I men I did FNB monster 1km climbing on super loos rocks all the way to the top wile most where walking lol just shuved my rear shock in climb and off you go was awesome,

I think baggy pants was battling to climb because of the short stem he slapped on there. I really enjoy a short stem on my Anthem X, but you can't expect the front to stay as planted as it does with the longer stem.

Reviewer has a bike with CTD suspension, avoids the climb setting on rear shock and then criticises climbing performance ....

Just FYI - that's how a bike's climbing ability is determined - in the shock's open position. Of course it would help if the shock had any decent mid-stroke support (which the CTD didn't) and it would have been better with a monarch / float x / ctd rammed full of tokens, but yeah. 

You want to determine / rate a bike's climbing capabilities? Leave it in the open position and hope the shock has some sort of mid-stroke support.

I think baggy pants was battling to climb because of the short stem he slapped on there. I really enjoy a short stem on my Anthem X, but you can't expect the front to stay as planted as it does with the longer stem.

60mm is not a short stem. Plus, the way the old CTD's just wallowed in their mid-stroke was just pitiful, and it certainly does affect climbing. 

Also, the cassette is SLX and not ideal for conversion to wide range 10spd if you go 1x because the 15t and 17t can't be removed.

They can if you press the pins out...  Not that hard.

• 7 months later...

https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum/user/66275-carl1991/

So hers an update after getting my 2016 anthem it has been awesome I have changed a lot on the bike sins , I got a carbon next bar, and a carbon Easton seat post , fizik carbon seat, and I slapped on some ZTR crest hope wheels with rocket rons,

The bike now is sitting at 11,4kg and I could still do more lol , prob 1-11 next

Performance is amazing, climbing has improved now that I have ridden the bike more and know where to put my weght ,

Long rides are good just did a 80 km she handles grate I would say gray bike but with the 27.5 the longer rides are a bit hardy ,

But all round good bike