Hakahana Enduro

HAKAHANA TRAILS

Sorry mate. Next time! I was up there all afternoon. Had to slog 650m elev in 9km. Up and down from apex to apex tagging directions. found another new line... and more.

It sounds really awesome! I am sure we will find many lines tomorrow!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had about 14 enduro ous yesterday. Great feedback. Seems like there is some real potential. We"ll clean things up a bit. Then repeat.

Nice one.

Thank you for having us yesterday.

Awesome trails,I will be back to explorer some more.

Nice Peops!! Really enjoyed the technical chatter at the end. More please.

We had about 14 enduro ous yesterday. Great feedback. Seems like there is some real potential. We"ll clean things up a bit. Then repeat.

Nice one.

Johan. We had a great time and it turned out to be a solid day out riding. The potential for your trails is huge. The one trail could be used as is but some tweaks could make it sublime. As we discussed, there are so many different lines we can develop and there are a number of other bits and pieces which could be linked together.

Just need 3 good ones to start with to make an event. It will be awesome to have this as a proper Enduro venue so close to home. All the guys are keen to come through on weekends and assist with marking, spadework etc.

Nice Peops!! Really enjoyed the technical chatter at the end. More please.

Didn't you take pics or a vid of us hauling down the bottom of that first section? ;)

Unfortunately, there was a technical issue (finger trouble :( ) with the Gopro so didn't get footage of the first special stage. Just means we will have to redo it...

:lol:

and so???

Seems like it went off well! ... How were the trails i spied?

Which ones did you guys ride?

Went well, the place has loads of potential! We will be having a build weekend or two in the (very) near future to polish up on one or two trails and cut a few more!

The attendance on Saturday just goes to show how eager the JHB guys are for an enduro venue, with only a day or two's notice we had a handful of guys come out to join us. Assuming that most of the enduro/DH riders went down to KZN for the DH racing this was an excellent turn out!

I am not sure which of the trails you pointed out to Johan, not that I would be able to point them out on a map either. I'm sure SLiiick would be more helpful with that.

post-31228-0-48343200-1395038847_thumb.jpg

post-31228-0-22571200-1395038900_thumb.jpg

lines i looked at for them - access in orange others are trails

From what I can tell we did the pink,red and the longer one of the two greens.

I am pretty sure we did have a few variations from whats you have marked out in the pic.

cool. and gradient etc? seems similar to giba.

looks like there is TONS of potential

A bit different to Giba in the way that Giba's gradient is more constant (steeper for longer). Up at the top it has some nice gradient but starts to become less steep quite quick. The trails are awesome! Very rocky and loads of potential to build awesome enduro trails using the natural features of the land without actually having to build much. Most of the work to be done there will just be clearing out grass and throwing a bit of sand down. A few berms and jumps will be thrown in just because we can (nothing major tho) :clap:

The one trail was a service road that is so rocky and rutted it remined me of the start of Mega Avalanche from a clip I watched :whistling:

lines i looked at for them - access in orange others are trails

Hi Nigel. It was a great day out. I based the routes on what you suggested but after a recce on Friday tweeked some of them. But in principle very close you yours. We chose not to go off the North side this time as the climb back is deadly and a shuttle was not possible. It adds further complications. Seems like the thing to do is focus on building 3 solid lines down the south side and get an event up asap. The guys were great. I loved the passion and purity of it all. Looking forward to making this happen.

Didn't you take pics or a vid of us hauling down the bottom of that first section? ;)

Unfortunately, there was a technical issue (finger trouble :( ) with the Gopro so didn't get footage of the first special stage. Just means we will have to redo it...

:lol:

It did get a few pics. Will take vid next time.

post-39465-0-57314300-1395051387_thumb.jpg

post-39465-0-66330200-1395051404_thumb.jpg

Archived