Will this chainring setup work ?

Azza

Hi guys, do you think this setup would work according to the picture ? Its on my roadbike.. What I really want to know is, do you think ill experience chain drops ?

Thanks

post-39052-0-40128200-1394970856_thumb.jpg

Edited by Azza

Depends where you riding (ie. the road surface). But even if it gets a bit bumpy as long as you keep tension on the chain by pedaling it should not come off.

Never mind chain drops...Have you considered how you will be dropped on the climbs or on the decent? Else you better be one hell of a rider.

Sure hope so.. you'd pay a pretty penny for those floors nowadays. Especially in oregon pine

Looks more like some or other light teak

Looks more like some or other light teak

Yeha, hard to tell without actually properly looking at the wood...

But still - in today's world, teak would be a helluva lot less than Oregon Pine..

I would recommend a chain guard/ front derailler (locked on place) to prevent the chain climbing of when you are on the light gears. Check some of the DH bikes for inspiration. Or hook up an old front derailler (a bike shop should sell you one cheaply)

Run the chain a bit shorter - leave just enough to allow shifting onto the big sprocket.

Without a FD you may drop the chain over bumpy sections at the top and bottom ends of the cassette. A single speed specific chainring will help because the teeth are longer.