Carbon frame conversion to 27.5

Luke Williams

I have a fs 26' carbon frame lying around and have been wondering if I could take it to a carbon frame repairer and extend an extra 2.5 cm at the skewer , that would make it be able to run a 650b wheel?

Would this work?

I say no, but ToysRus claim to be able to do 26" to 27.5" conversions, so it will be interesting to hear what they have to say.

Can be done. Depending on the frame. There is some options available.

As posted in another thread by FLowta:

http://enduro-mtb.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/gt-6428-2-780x520.jpg

Or the chain and seat stays can be extended if its carbon. Don't know if that will change the geometry, guess it does to a certain extend but shouldn't be too much.

but why would you want to? Rather convert it to a 26 single speed. THe cost of the new wheel set and all the engineering to get the extensions just right would probably set you back the cost a of new frame

What frame is it?

A lot of the Carbon frames do take the 27.5 inch wheel.

Do a search on the hub,lot of topics on this. Also www.650bpalace.com lists frames that can fit a 650b wheel

I converted my chinese carbon frame, as well as my scott spark 30, but has since sold it and gone 29"