Which wheels?

Active Monkey

I have a giant anthem with the below wheels.

I want to upgrade them the one notch up. What wheels would be suitable? I don't want to spend allot, just a wheel that is one notch up from this and a affordable.

Wheels are

Rims Giant P-XC2, double wall

Hubs Giant Performance Tracker Off Road, sealed, [F] 15mm axle, [R] 135x5mm QR

The question needs to be asked: what's your weight? This could be a determining factor.

Also, your budget? Willing to buy new or 2nd hand?

Edited by cadenceblur

I'm 79 and must be new and budget is as cheap as possible, but must be a step up. Prob is I don't know where these giant wheels fit

Active Monkey, why do you specifically want wheels which are a step up from these?

Are you looking for a set that's lighter? Do you want increased stiffness (not always a good thing)? Do you not like the sound of the freehub? Don't you like the way they look?

A reasonable person would say that he gained an advantage .Or 9 out of 10 others would say that he gained un advantage .If it was a smaller advantage they would have ignored it .Why was he behind outcast riders anyway ?

I'm 79 and must be new and budget is as cheap as possible, but must be a step up. Prob is I don't know where these giant wheels fit

Stan's crest will be a much lighter wheel and with your weight will not be an issue .i would use hope hub,s .This will be a good affordable set that has good resale value also.There is nothing wrong with your current set except it may be slightly heavy Edited by Blitzer

I'm actually very happy with my Giant rims. Those things are bomb proof and fairly light. Maybe upgrade the hubs? I'm happy with my Giant Tracker hub up front but want to upgrade my rear Shimano hub, will actually shave a good few grams too.

Also remember that that Giant owns DT Swiss... just putting it out there.