Poor Trails condition at Kingskloof

Hi,

Does anyone know what is / isn't going on with trail upkeep, maintenance etc at Kingskloof?

I ahve been going there for MTB and trail running for a long time and it semms that teh last 6-9 months or so have seen evry little work done on the trails.

I do not expect prestine trails at all, and I knwo that thers was lost of rain etc.

BUT the trees, bushes etc have completely grown over the paths in some sections making it almost unridable, and in other sections the grass has reduced the trail to 10cm wide (challengin to run) etc

any thoughts / comments?

Cheers

I have noticed the same . . . The rain in Feb did quite damage . . .

Personally think there is not too many of us going there thus no funds to upkeep

I'm sure funds are tight, no doubt. but an average labourer at R200 per days for a few days will go a long way to at least cut vegetation back.

I have noticed the same.

I understand that the rain caused absolute havoc but like 8848 says, it's not extremely expensive to repair / maintain.

Maybe contact them via Twitter, Facebook or email. I tried to email them a while ago and never received a response.

The owner is currently oversees. He is due back next week and apparently they will be doing some maintenance then.

I won't ride there till it's cleaned up and sorted out.

It's just a kr@p ride with all the sharp shale... Didn't enjoy any of it.

There is another thread about trashed rubber. I now know of 3 people with shredded tires, all in the last 3 weeks.