ABSA Cape Epic 2015

Sasquatch

If you connect the dots, it goes to a spat between Chris Whitfield walking away as chief editor of argus/cape times due to intereference from the new owners. He's now got a position as Cape Epic spokesperson.

http://mg.co.za/article/2014-01-09-why-did-the-cape-editor-of-independent-newspapers-jump-ship

https://www.cape-epic.com/involve/organisation/meet-the-team/marketing-and-communications

If this really is the case, it's very immature from the Dr. The ACE is one of the biggest events on the local sporting calender, and a newspaper that pretends to represent an area should be covering it.

there is only one way up bainskloof, and that is the pass. even by foot it's a long way around either side of the Wit valley

I'm a bit slow this morning. Too much of Michael Buble last night... The things we do with the missus for racing credits

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time I hear of the Epic trippers...anyone know more about this? Sounds like fun. 

You mean you have never heard of this in your sport  :eek:

@Jb_Badenhorst83: Topeak has an issue. Seems like Sauser and Kulhavy sitting up... susi knows what the Albanator can do. If they pair up today. ...

followed the route on the tracker map and going over Bains Pass and exiting the pass on the way down into a southernly direction. Seems like they are staying off Welvanpas today. Probably going to get some proper play-time at WVP tomorrow. 

BAIN'S OF OUR LIVES

The race leaves Worcester in a north-westerly direction and, after a flattish section to get the legs warmed up, will bump into the foothills of the Fonteintjiesberg. The first serious climb, Powerlines, will have riders on the tip of their saddle to keep front wheels down. A few dips and rises later, the track veers left across the Wolseley Valley to a pleasant fast, flat section running parallel to the Breede River and on to the famous, some say notorious, national monument of Bain's Kloof Pass. It's a long, smooth climb on tar but riders can't relax after reaching the summit as after a short descent the route turns left off the tar road and on to Welvenpas trails, and in this case the new black route. Gaining some 300m in 3km of tough climbing the Full Monty climb looms ahead. Then onwards to some of the best trails in the country - look out for Cool Runnings and Cool Runnings Too - taking riders to the overnight stop at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology's DJ de Villiers rugby fields. 

post-4329-0-69371400-1426837033_thumb.jpg

Looked like some mens teams strayed a little. didn't get team names. Was just looking at tracker.

O I think it just approximates the location within a few meters so might look of track on the live map.

O I think it just approximates the location within a few meters so might look of track on the live map.

Or there might have been a slight route change.....

Or there might have been a slight route change.....

Jip, could be because of the extra 4km added

post-4329-0-97122400-1426837466_thumb.jpg

Archived