SUPER C CLUB RIDERS

INDABUSCHE

So here I am riding up Cydonia Str in Primrose last Saturday morning. Whats that up ahead - a traffic jam. 4 cars trying to pass a Toyota Fortunner blazened with super cycling advertising and requesting caution as to the cyclists ahead. So I pass this lot with relative ease only to find 5 cyclists upfront. You guessed it - in super c kit riding 3 abreast.

So here comes my chirp to the lady riding on the white line. " its not all about you, cant you see that there is traffic behind you and you are blocking the way" The response - "we have a vehicle behind us" - and this gives you permission to abuse the rules of the road.

My question is

1. Would it not be mandatory for the driver of the vehicle to reprimand the cyclists actions?

2. Is there not an ethos within the club which would ensure that club members conducted themselves in a satisfactory manner?

3. Should the super c brand be not upheld particularly when in public view where not only the cyclists and the following vehicle carry the brand and supposedly the mission statement so widely articulated by the Super Cycling presenters.

They have a TV show named after them (or are they named after the TV show), they can do as they please.

What's the relevance of the statement 'So I pass this lot with relative ease', except to make known that you were riding harder than the bunch?

I would imagine that your questions would be better answered by the management of the club in question, who are reachable by phone/email. The growing culture of growing 'mob support',on social forums, rather than taking up concerns with relevant parties is becoming tiresome

Your own words .....

"So here I am riding up Cydonia Str in Primrose last Saturday morning. Whats that up ahead - a traffic jam. 4 cars trying to pass a Toyota Fortunner blazened with super cycling advertising and requesting caution as to the cyclists ahead. So I pass this lot with relative ease only to find 5 cyclists upfront. You guessed it - in super c kit riding 3 abreast."

So your point is ???

You are more worried about the fact that you could not pass a bunch of cyclist 3 abreast,

probably the width of a small car, when you have just overtaken 5 cars, probably in 1 manoeuvre ???????

How legal is this ?????

I love the hub.

Nobody really cares about the fact that 3 cyclists use a car to block the roads - it's all about tearing a fellow hubber a new one.

Great job guys!

The point is before criticizing someone first, take a look at what you have just done.

It would have been more courteous for the cyclists to ride with more respect,

but is the motorist right in what they did legally ?

The point is before criticizing someone first, take a look at what you have just done.

It would have been more courteous for the cyclists to ride with more respect,

but is the motorist right in what they did legally ?

Not sure I understand you. The OP was on a bicycle. It was probably relatively easy for him to overtake because he was on a bicycle.

In my opinion the issue here is using following vehicles. Sure they make it safe for us cyclists but they annoy the *** out of other motorists. A car with a bunch of riders in front of it is virtually impossible to pass.

All you're doing by attacking the OP is turning a potentially decent thread into another hubberstyle pointless FUQ FUQ FUQ FUQ no FUQ thread.

Ooooops my bad.

The OP is a cyclist?

I thought the Op was a motorist, who just overtook 5 cars in one foul swoop, and then cant pass 3 cycles ......

sorry

I've fast come to the realisation that everywhere, people will be idiots. I sometimes make the mistake while riding that, because someone is on a moderately expensive bike, he would be smart enough to hold down a decent job (you know, to afford that shiny bike of his). But sadly, no.

That street is one on my training route and the surrounding area is my training area. And it's shocking,the number of idiotic riders around. Tell them they're wrong, and boy do you get some mouthful, followed by a big middle finger, which I'm sure was just pulled out of the nose of these snot eating Bastards.

But yet, I appreciate you, OP. Keep doing what you're doing to point out to people when they're wrong . After all, if we just let it happen, we're part of the problem.

To the super c club? We knew they were tossers anyway, have you watched the show? Sucks worse than their sense of road holding. And my goodness the crappy commentating. Christ, I've heard more thrilling commentary of my 3 year old nephew taking a dump.

"everyone" has to start one thread about idiot cyclist or idiot motorists or idiot runners etc..

its usually the only thread they start on the topic.. they soon realise its pretty pointless.. and they usually end up being the target.

I really enjoy riding with a car behind us, that way cars cannot swipe by us. And keeps the Cara behind us until they deem it safe for the car to pass all of us.