Joe!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At some time "small gains" are outweighed by large PR losses

Luckily its not a TT race ...

Lot of this action going down on sunday...

http://cdn.velonews.competitor.com/files/2012/04/BoonenFMB.jpg

Boonen apparently punctured. According to today's Gazzetta dello Sport, the Belgian had never punctured in his 14 rides at Paris-Roubaix and has only crashed once, in 2011.

Could this be an unlucky Roubaix for Boonen.

Demare (FDJ.fr) also punctured, as did a Europcar rider, who swapped bikes with a teammate.

This morning at the start in Compiègne there were a lot of people gathering around the Trek Factory Racing team to catch a glimpse of top favourite Fabian Cancellara.

The team's DS Dirk Demol looked back one more time at the late loss of Stijn Devolder from his team.

"He was very downhearted when he left the team hotel on Friday. He did so much for it. During the day of Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne he trained for seven hours, not just riding along the canal but full on training. You know he didn't even touch one single bit of chocolat since New Year's Day? He lived one hundred percent for it and was more ready than ever to do well in Flanders and Roubaix," Demol told Cyclingnews.

Jimmy Engoulvent was the Europcar rider who swapped bikes. He is now back onto the peloton.

127km remaining from 257km

It is time for sector 22 from Verchain-Maugré à Quérénaing. It has 3 stars.

Demare seems to be having a tough day. He has been caught up in a crash at the rear of the peloton.