Niner Jet9 Carbon or Pyga Oneten29

SCD

So here it is:

Two bikes, awesome reviews for each of them.

The Niner a XC machine with good trail abilities and the Pyga a trail machine with surprisingly good XC capabilities.

The frame price is not very different (R19k <> R22k). The Niner will be 1kg lighter. But the Pyga is robust, local and the green just looks rad!

I ride Table Mountain and Durbanville trails and hit as many XC races as fit into the calender.

Ok, let's see what you got! :-)

(I know its Friday and I am already wearing a flame proof suit...;-))

You decide, is your riding more trail orientated or more XC orientated?

Get the bike that suits the BULK of your weekly / monthly riding style and scenarios.

I own 2x Niner's, so I am the wrong guy to ask what to chose...

Edited by NINER_boy

I am riding a Giant XTC 29er hardtail at the moment. Don't mind the other small jump or technical section like the Conterman's mast singletrack down but avoid stuff like HK's Widowmaker.

Don't mind the other small jump or technical section like the Conterman's mast singletrack down

Go for the Niner then.

The fact that you used the words "don't mind" to describe how you tackle jumps and technical sections means that the Pyga's personality will probably not be the winning one in a match between these two machines.

Go for the Niner then.

The fact that you used the words "don't mind" to describe how you tackle jumps and technical sections means that the Pyga's personality will probably not be the winning one in a match between these two machines.

Love the psychology MH, but you are probably spot on.

Love the psychology MH, but you are probably spot on.

Haha, no intended psychology! It's simple really, a bike either suits you or not. The PYGA likes to be thrown around - if that's not your thing, you'd probably enjoy a lighter bike more.

(I'm only being kind to the Niner because it's an above average piece of kit :))

I like pretty, and I like green raw silver. Niner doesn't figure in either :whistling:

I know, just how hot is this? I couldn't help snapping a wide-angle pic last weekend after a ride in Robertson...

post-3655-0-99389100-1397227385_thumb.jpg

I know, just how hot is this? I couldn't help snapping a wide-angle pic last weekend after a ride in Robertson...

post-3655-0-99389100-1397227385_thumb.jpg

Holy moley, I'd move the wife to the wendy house!