Cotic Soul build

BenGraham

I would sell the SID and get the Sektor. I ride a Sektor (110/150mm) on my Enduro bike and it is excellent.

I also have a hardtail Ragley which is similar geo to the Cotic with a 140mm Fox fork which I love and could handle most of SA Enduros.

From the Cotic catalogue:

What he said ^^

That bike will be too much fun with a 140mm on and some nice chunky tyres!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oooh donder. so you've got a brand new sid that you've gone and cut now...that will drop the value big time in a sale/swap deal.

obviously you need two bikes.

oooh donder. so you've got a brand new sid that you've gone and cut now...that will drop the value big time in a sale/swap deal.

obviously you need two bikes.

I cut it fairly long so I'm hoping it wont affect things too seriously. I was conservative and far as I can tell it'll fit most frames easily. But I see what you're up to there. Unfortunately that's not an option.

So another question for your guys. Its a little unclear. The fork in question that I've tracked down seems to be 120-150 rather than 110-140. Is it a simple matter of ordering a new spring to lower the travel or can I install a spacer or do I just have to risk voiding my warranty and run the big fork like I've heard some soul riders do. Cy seems deadset against it but hey I'm already ignoring the fact that the bike shop that sold me the soul reckon its an xc bike and not a trail bike so maybe I'll just keep ignoring people. How much difference does that 10mm make really. Is it a huge problem? Also If I ride it mostly at 120 am I damaging the fork in some way or getting reduced performance. Have done some reading by maybe you guys have some real world experience.

• 1 month later...

Cotic Soul in Orange... check

Superstar Trizoids... check

Superstar bling Werth Renthal bars to top it off... check

post-10758-1397648596,1338.jpg

Built 6 months ago and ridden only 5x... check :ph34r:

She got a bit of a remodel.

Sorry Patch, the blue wheels work better than green :thumbup:

post-4310-0-54336300-1409417152_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Soooooo.....What has happened to the green wheels?

They were reassigned, as seen on the Morewood thread

Hey all. I finished my build. Tried like 4 times to post pics the other day but the wireless was unstable and so never managed. Suffice to say I should be able to post pics tonight as my broadband cap has been replenished.

I ended up having to use my old rims since my new ones are still delayed due to the postal strike. Overall I'm very happy but I'll discuss more when I have pics.

Hey all. I finished my build. Tried like 4 times to post pics the other day but the wireless was unstable and so never managed. Suffice to say I should be able to post pics tonight as my broadband cap has been replenished.

I ended up having to use my old rims since my new ones are still delayed due to the postal strike. Overall I'm very happy but I'll discuss more when I have pics.

Finished at last:

Cotic Soul

Cane Creek S1 headset

Rockshox Sektor Rl dual pos coil fork 120/150

Deore brakes

180/160 rotors

SLX Crank

Raceface narrow wide 34T

SLX 11-34 Cassette

SLX chain

Novatec hub front and back

My old arraya rims

Unfortunately my proper rims have been delayed by the postal strike and with the JUMA coming up I really wanted this bike finished so I’ve decided to build the new hubs onto my old rims which while less than ideal was an acceptable compromise; I had the bike shop use cheap spokes since they’re earmarked for disposal at some point.

gallery_47041_1586_479983.jpg

Archived