MTB riding in Velddrif & Berg river area

boink

Hey Hubbers

Its late in the day but can anyone suggest routes or scenic district roads to ride in the Velddrif & Berg river area?

If you have a GPX that would be great, if not I will prob just head out and explore and hopefully not encounter any grumpy farmers or military bases :)

Enjoy the long weekend.

Mike

• 3 years later...

I see no one ended up responding on this - anyone out there have any ideas on a route in Velddrif?

I see no one ended up responding on this - anyone out there have any ideas on a route in Velddrif?

My in laws live in Velddrif, although I wouldn't know too much about a MTB route that side of the country :whistling:

• 1 year later...

Not in Velddrift itself, but out towards St Helena Bay there are a couple of places I have seen MTB take to the veld.

From Velddrift to St Helena Bay, there is a butchery. Next to it there is a route up towards the wind turbines, just don't know where it heads to. I have seen a couple of MTB's go up this route.

Will roam the area in December.

Then from St Helena, there is a lekka sandy road to Paternoster.

I have done the latter, about 40km there and back, with nice ups and downs, soft sand and corrugated road.

So, if you want to go from Velddrift, it should be about 70k's to Paternoster and back?

• 4 weeks later...

sorry only seen this now not been on the hub for some time there a a few routes around veldriff out towards aurora on farm roads there is also a route on a freinds farm that is very nice it on the st helena bay road but permission must be gotten otherwise there are the road next to the rail line that we often ride on not much climbing but you can get some good kms in and its very safe you can contact me on my email trevortjg@gmail.com for more info .

cheers

Not in Velddrift itself, but out towards St Helena Bay there are a couple of places I have seen MTB take to the veld.

From Velddrift to St Helena Bay, there is a butchery. Next to it there is a route up towards the wind turbines, just don't know where it heads to. I have seen a couple of MTB's go up this route.

I have done the latter, about 40km there and back, with nice ups and downs, soft sand and corrugated road.

So, if you want to go from Velddrift, it should be about 70k's to Paternoster and back?

nice route next to butchery but you will need permission from the owner i know him well so if you want to ride there i can give you some assistance