Demo rides: 26er vs 27.5er vs 29er

ByronH

Whilst I will probably get reported for a personal attack on you, I need to say something. You are acting like that Dixon dude in the Oscar trial now. Don't sell yourself as a expert if you aren't one.

There is lots of literature concerning height vs wheel size. Consider it, makes sense to me.

I'll give you one example - I'll pick the easy one so we all can understand:

Greg Minnaar = 1.9m

His prefered wheel size = 26"

Other wheel sizes available in his discipline = 27.5" and 29" (all on world cup standard bikes)

Ride what you like, not what the sales person tells you too. :)

(I wont report you, I will excuse your ignorance.)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I will probably get reported for a personal attack on you, I need to say something. You are acting like that Dixon dude in the Oscar trial now. Don't sell yourself as a expert if you aren't one.

There is lots of literature concerning height vs wheel size. Consider it, makes sense to me.

LOUD NOISES!!!

post-9143-0-32743300-1397734114_thumb.jpg

Personally, I agree with Haley to a point. A person's height is most definitely not the only factor to consider when choosing a wheel size. Neither is that whole 26ers are more nimble than 29ers trail of thought. (I can flick a 29er through GK single track just as fast as with the 26er). Probably the most important factor would be how you put your power down. Like a Jack Russel - 26er. Like a diesel truck - 29er. For everything in between there's 650b.

Finding the right wheel size is like finding the right saddle. You won't know if it suits you until you've spent some time on it.

FAIL!!

Talking about acting like the Dixon dude...

Greg Minnaar = 1.9m

Other wheel sizes available in his discipline = 27.5" and 29" (all on world cup standard bikes)

Oh my here we go again.

Greg again ....... the poor oke.

He rides a 26 " on the downhill circuit, he is very accustomed to that wheel size and damn good at what he does as well as he carved out his career with that wheel size, don't fix what aint broken.

Yes, I agree with you "ride what you like"

However, to me wheel size has little do to with person size but more to do with the type of riding they do.

Guest Travis.

Greg Minnaar = 1.9m

Spot on Hayley. And I agree 100%.

It depends on how the bike feels to you and also what type of riding you want to do with it. Tricks on a 29er would be epic, but I imagine slightly more difficult than a smaller wheel size.

Guest Travis.

Greg Minnaar = 1.9m

El double post.

Please explain?

Eeish this one is not fast on the up take.

Please explain,

Neither is this one it appears.

Eeish this one is not fast on the up take.

I am asking you to pleAse explain why Vettes post is a fail

(I can flick a 29er through GK single track just as fast as with the 26er).

I have never seen you ride and this is not aimed at yourself, but one mans fast is another mans slow.

When you do things at speed, the game plan changes, I am definitely more wary on very tight stuff on my 29'er, and I have been on 29'ers for the past 7 years.

I am asking you to pleAse explain why Vettes post is a fail

You can't see why, everyone else can?

Ag shame.

Ag shame.

Ag shame this response kind of makes your "FAIL" comment a FAIL

Ag shame.

I made a comment to a post made by Hayley. She responded . The matter was settled.

Now you come like a little ankle biter and have a dig at me.

That is called baiting.

Archived