Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

Michael Matthews has been dropped by the peloton. He took a heavy fall earlier on in the race, in a multi-rider pile-up that split the peloton. He's mising quite a lot of his shorts and skin on his right leg.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The peloton have decided to up the pace finally, and have brought the gap down to 5:47. However, it's looking ever more likely that the winner will come from the escape group today. No team sees too interested in catching them.

Away from the Giro d'Italia for a moment, Brad White took victory in the Wilmington Grand Prix. You can get the full results and report here.

BMC have put the hammer down and have sliced the gap down to 4:50. Perhaps we will see a catch after all.

Steven Kruijswijk has abandoned the race. He's been riding with a fractured shoulder since the crash in Cassino on stage 6.

Evans is currently second man on the road. BMC are really pushing it on this descent, making the most of Evans' skills on the descent. The peloton is strung out behind them.

The escapees advantage isn't coming down quite as quckly now. It has levelled out at around 4:45 for the last couple of kilometres. They peloton is still flying down this descent

"I'm still in pain after the crash in stage 6. My shoulder and ribs hurt to much."

Belkin's Krijswijk

Edited by ' Dale

The escapees are still all together as they ride up the second climb of the day. However, that's unlikely to last once we hit the final climb in around 5 kilomtres time.

The escapees are still all together as they ride up the second climb of the day. However, that's unlikely to last once we hit the final climb in around 5 kilomtres time.

Fabio Aru, the new GC contender for Astana, has a mechanical problem and has to take a wheel from his teammate. He is now chasing back on.

This second climb really kicks up at the top and Tanner has to get out of the saddle. He can see the KOM line now.

Haas still riding on the front of the peloton and he is brining the gap down at a rapid rate. It is now 3:36