Philadelphia MTB Race 2014

BrandonF_

If she looks at you make sure you look way more tired then her and tell her she is kicking your ass. Then she will feel good and never give the sport up. :whistling:

haha!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn that sucks.Broke my right coller bone last month when I took a fall at meerendal.So I'm a bit cautious now.The doc will obviously not agree with me wanting to do the race so soon but I cant sit around anymore.

Maybe i'll just employ a buddy to stay with me in case something happens...

I also think its a bit early..!

Hi Hubbers, did my first mtb ride about three weeks ago, have hit the trails every weekend since and loving it. I entered the 40km route. The river crossing does sound like fun, but I am a bit concerned about my phone and Garmin. Are there any tips for someone who has done only road races thus far, how do you guys prepare for it, things to be wary of or to look out for etc?

don't take your phone and your garmin will be fine. the one thing no one ever told me when i was coming up to my first endurance mtb race is how much more energy you use than the equivalent time on the road. i did a 6 hour race as my first long one and ended up begging food from people.. not good. so yes, my advice would be take more food than if you were doing a road race!

Thanks for the tip, I usually just use gels and a carbo drink for road races. Think I'll pack an extra energy bar and a banana :thumbup:

is there a link to it anywhere? I've got no idea where it is or any times or anything. at least i know not to fork out for a day license to be gridded this time. what a waste of 50 rand..

is there a link to it anywhere? I've got no idea where it is or any times or anything. at least i know not to fork out for a day license to be gridded this time. what a waste of 50 rand..

Info on PPA Website

I think you will be surprised at how quickly you will finish this race. Start like a rocket. Stick to the fastest group you can. Rather go like hell and only slow down when your legs go boom. You don't want to finish the race with energy thinking..... Damn i should have pushed harder. This race is pretty flat except for maybe one hill in the middle. It is the best race to full gas.

Yeah, thats it, REDLINE THE HELL OUT OF THAT PUPPY!

Damn that sucks.Broke my right coller bone last month when I took a fall at meerendal.So I'm a bit cautious now.The doc will obviously not agree with me wanting to do the race so soon but I cant sit around anymore.

Maybe i'll just employ a buddy to stay with me in case something happens...

6-8 weeks for a coller Bone. Don't rush it. Broke mine end Januarie at Meerendal (Mineshaft) only now feeling great again.

Any ideas about how long this race would take for a middle of the pack rider? I'm really keen to smash the 60km, but need to be out in CT at 1:30pm... should be fine?

Any ideas about how long this race would take for a middle of the pack rider? I'm really keen to smash the 60km, but need to be out in CT at 1:30pm... should be fine?

You should make it easy

so, did you make it?

I think you will be surprised at how quickly you will finish this race. Start like a rocket. Stick to the fastest group you can. Rather go like hell and only slow down when your legs go boom. You don't want to finish the race with energy thinking..... Damn i should have pushed harder. This race is pretty flat except for maybe one hill in the middle. It is the best race to full gas.
that was spot on copperhead, funny thing is I did exactly that not knowing what to expect. Glad it turned out ok, except for not being able to hang onto Brandon in the last 10kms.

that was spot on copperhead, funny thing is I did exactly that not knowing what to expect. Glad it turned out ok, except for not being able to hang onto Brandon in the last 10kms.

you still finished 7th Milky, after cycling 40km to the venue, awesome result!