Powerbeam Pro or Tacx Bushido and Why?

rouxtjie

Tip: If you use "gears" as opposed to W - set up your virtual bike with a compact crank. Even Contador does. Around a hour of climbing. The first /oldest vid has some bad visuals in the first 10m. The improved version is good. Try and race a virtual partner or you could easily fall into a slow rythm. See you at the top.

Sweet, the bike on my trainer has a compact anyway.

Shot for the tips...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andriod or Ipad,Which will be the best one to use ?

I can only comment on Ipad....they support both platforms though it seems

I am on the Cycleops Indoor Cycle. Software is the same. I have been using it for a year now. All glitches sorted rapidly by the local guys. It is a great feeling to "ride" Alp Dhuez for a training ride. Ipad works even better than my PC. If you ask Dave and you send a harddrive they will load lots of training rides for you. In the winter I now only ride outside over weekends. Finished a training ride at 23:30 last night. Only issue is the constant smell of vinegar in my study. Virtualtraining + Sufferfest = BIG pool of sweat.

I am also on the Cycleops IDT (the 410) and I cannot agree with you more. The service is outstanding.

The Sufferfest videos interest me. They seem expensive and I don't want buy one without comfort that it will work seamlessly. I use an Android Galaxy app that works well with my IDT. Do the Sufferfest videos apply the resistance automatically like the Cycleops virtual trainer videos? And does the music also come with the video?

I'd appreciate your guys help.

The Bushido displays power, HR etc on the iPad app, and works pretty well for building routes, especially as you can set up training based on power output, rather than only incline etc. I haven't used any VR functionality, but I'm not overly interested in the "climb famous route while in my living room" vibe. I'd suggest the weaknesses of the Bushido are the following:

1)

Ek gaan mooi kyk en jou PM. Ek het lanklaas dit gebruik - ek kyk nou Giro of Sufferfest. Sal jou laat weet. Gelukkig is daar nie tegniese downhills nie - anders sou ek jou tyd gemors het.

I am also on the Cycleops IDT (the 410) and I cannot agree with you more. The service is outstanding.

The Sufferfest videos interest me. They seem expensive and I don't want buy one without comfort that it will work seamlessly. I use an Android Galaxy app that works well with my IDT. Do the Sufferfest videos apply the resistance automatically like the Cycleops virtual trainer videos? And does the music also come with the video?

Look at trainerroad for sufferfest integration.

I can only comment on Ipad....they support both platforms though it seems

I use the Andtoid. Works perfect.

Look at trainerroad for sufferfest integration.

That is where the Android falls down. You can't download trainerroad onto Android.

Sufferfest do not apply the resistance (or I dont know how). GREAT music included. Buy one of their HD vids first (Giro is good) NB: BIG download - do it overnight.

Sufferfest do not apply the resistance (or I dont know how). GREAT music included. Buy one of their HD vids first (Giro is good) NB: BIG download - do it overnight.

Correct, the only way I know of to get this going is to go via trainerroad, then the trainerroad app will set resistance to the unit based on the sufferfest video lvl of exertion.

1) Can't get the training results out of the iPad app... This is the absolute biggest problem

2) The software costs extra (and is useless from all reports) so I wouldn't go near it. combined with the hopeless built in controller, your only option is to run it from the iPad app. But then you hit problem 1) above.

3) You can't import files to the iPad app. This will affect you if you want to sync to Sufferfest.

Before the iPad app came out, the Bushido was a definite no-go. Currently its, imo, worthwhile if you can save R5g or so over the better trainers (powerbeam pro, Kickr), though I'd probably pay up the extra tbh. If they get the iPad app sorted out (solving the first item should be a doddle, I believe guys with jailbreak'd ipads have done it themselves, and you might find the android app will be better when it comes out) it'll become a bargain (even if they charged a few hundred for the app, I'd pay that).

1) Can't get the training results out of the iPad app... This is the absolute biggest problem

2) The software costs extra (and is useless from all reports) so I wouldn't go near it. combined with the hopeless built in controller, your only option is to run it from the iPad app. But then you hit problem 1) above.

3) You can't import files to the iPad app. This will affect you if you want to sync to Sufferfest.

Before the iPad app came out, the Bushido was a definite no-go. Currently its, imo, worthwhile if you can save R5g or so over the better trainers (powerbeam pro, Kickr), though I'd probably pay up the extra tbh. If they get the iPad app sorted out (solving the first item should be a doddle, I believe guys with jailbreak'd ipads have done it themselves, and you might find the android app will be better when it comes out) it'll become a bargain (even if they charged a few hundred for the app, I'd pay that).

NOW IM DEF. NOT GOING TO GET MINE SOLD :blush: :blush: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Correct, the only way I know of to get this going is to go via trainerroad, then the trainerroad app will set resistance to the unit based on the sufferfest video lvl of exertion.

Case of beer for a (baby) step by step instruction on how to do that. Will be Nirvana. I am a computer ignoramus - no big words or abreviations please!

Ja....exactly my findings when I researched the two...that is before I bought the powerbeam pro

The biggest problem for me wrt tacx is their stubbornness to lock you into their software and once you created data they consider it theirs...ie you cannot upload it to other tools which you want to. They going to have to change this if they want to stay relevant. The kickr changed the market forever by doing what they do best...building a trainer...which communication platform and software you want to use, they leave to you. Cyclops have also gone the same route...I want to upload my data to strava and trainingpeaks when I am done training...the powerbeam and ipad app does this before my last cooldown pedal stroke. I love this about the trainer. The problem is the bushido isn't cheap either....its right up there with the bluetooth powerbeam(around 10k) so it was really a no brainer.

Because everything is cloud based with cyclops, things(profiles / settings / data) integrate automatically. This is the way everything is going.