Powerbeam Pro or Tacx Bushido and Why?

rouxtjie

you know whats the sad part, when the wife said, look there it says help/FAQ, AND ONE FOR ONE SHE SORTED THEM OUT :blush: :blush: :blush:

LOST MY MAN CARD :blush:

She will make sure you never forget

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be nice if the Powerbeam and Tacx could race!

They could if tacx wasnt so flippen hardegat about locking you in.

Cyclops, Kurt Kinetic, Wahoo Kickr's can all race each other

also Dips has a boorgat pomp motor connected to his cranks, so we are all going to lose anyway

Edited by rouxtjie

you know whats the sad part, when the wife said, look there it says help/FAQ, AND ONE FOR ONE SHE SORTED THEM OUT :blush: :blush: :blush:

LOST MY MAN CARD :blush:

Real men don't need manuals dips....your mancard is safe :thumbup:

Hi,

I'm considering a new IDT and see the CWC has the Bushido bluetooth at R10500 which seems like a good price.

From what I've read on this thread most you are pro the Powerbeam. The problems most of you mention are related to software/lock in etc. I'm not overly concerned about lock in and getting data out is not really a big deal for me since I've got a power meter which I'll continue to with my Garmin. I havent seen any comments on which IDT has a better "feel"? I havent ridden on any of these trainers so would appreciate some feedback. I currently use the first Cyclops Fluid - I've had it since 2005 and it hasnt given me a moments trouble. It doesnt however "feel" like the road.

thanks.

Hi,

I'm considering a new IDT and see the CWC has the Bushido bluetooth at R10500 which seems like a good price.

From what I've read on this thread most you are pro the Powerbeam. The problems most of you mention are related to software/lock in etc. I'm not overly concerned about lock in and getting data out is not really a big deal for me since I've got a power meter which I'll continue to with my Garmin. I havent seen any comments on which IDT has a better "feel"? I havent ridden on any of these trainers so would appreciate some feedback. I currently use the first Cyclops Fluid - I've had it since 2005 and it hasnt given me a moments trouble. It doesnt however "feel" like the road.

thanks.

In that bracket you would do well to get the powerbeam pro also bluetooth model...you might some change for a coke and ice cream. Painless setup, easy use...no booting of pc's, just get in your kit and start training. Seamless cloud integration....to any training analysis platform.

As antonj pointed out, I have also read that the lemond will give you as close to road feel...but still not 100%. My main use for my IDT is squeezing out set power intervals...I care rocks how close it feels to the road, although the powerbeam is pretty good ito feel. Since you have a powermeter, I don't quite understand why you would want to upgrade from your current setup...is it more from an ergo vs turbo point of view?

Edited by rouxtjie

some of the hubbers here have had a hard drive loaded with routes by Dave, how did that turn out.( is the routes as expected)

considering sending mine there for the copy.

Ok ek kan nou nie meer nie, julle het my aangesteek! My Giant idt het elkgeval 'n bearing geslaan en irreteer die wax uit my uit! Nog nie eers begin refs kry dan kan niemand in die huis met mekaar praat want dit klink soos 'n chopper want aan die opstyg is!

Rouxtjie, wat gaan 'n rig soos jy het my uit die sak jaag en waar koop ek, wie se diens en prys is die beste? (In die kaap)

Is dit net die powerbeam pro wat self weerstand stel ens as jy met die virtual partner ens race, of doen van die goedkoper cycleops modelle dit ook?

Ek wil eenkeer klaar koop!

Ok ek kan nou nie meer nie, julle het my aangesteek! My Giant idt het elkgeval 'n bearing geslaan en irreteer die wax uit my uit! Nog nie eers begin refs kry dan kan niemand in die huis met mekaar praat want dit klink soos 'n chopper want aan die opstyg is!

Rouxtjie, wat gaan 'n rig soos jy het my uit die sak jaag en waar koop ek, wie se diens en prys is die beste? (In die kaap)

Is dit net die powerbeam pro wat self weerstand stel ens as jy met die virtual partner ens race, of doen van die goedkoper cycleops modelle dit ook?

Jorrie....as ek weer moet koop sal ek weer die powerbeam pro kry. Weereens n great IDT sessie gehad gisteraand. Nog nie n oomblik se stront gehad nie, die ding werk net, en dit werk soos hulle adverteer. Hulle probeer nie n goue ring aan n aap sit nie.

Jy kyk na R10500 vir die powerbeam pro met bluetooth....die rede hoekom ek hom gevat het is dat ek Ipad het, en dit dinge baie makliker maak in terme van sagteware en dongles(jy het geen nodig nie). Diens was ook n trekplyster vir my, en dit is hier waar the cyclops stukke bo die res is...hulle het n span, wat glo in hulle produk, self die produk gebruik en bereid is om altyd die klient te help...Dave en kie by Cycleops is skittered.

Stuur my PM as jy meer will weet. Warren

Die powerbeam sal die job doen.

Copied them into my CVT file last night. Might try a few this wknd

did you have a hard drive loaded with the routes via Dave or did you downlaoad them form VT yourself

Hoe laaik jy joune nog anton?

Hmmmm, ekt nie een nie :o

Wel al op een gery :thumbup: en as ek n paar bokke het wat my pla eendag, sal ek nie twyfel waar om dit te spandeer nie.

Hmmmm, ekt nie een nie :o

Wel al op een gery :thumbup: en as ek n paar bokke het wat my pla eendag, sal ek nie twyfel waar om dit te spandeer nie.

Maak plan tjom...maak plan

did you have a hard drive loaded with the routes via Dave or did you downlaoad them form VT yourself

Had a hardrive loaded via Dave. Also downloaded plenty from the VT site. Problem is with video you looking at about 2gig per route