Lost Garmin 810 at Modder

MarkDil

appealing to all cyclists, i left my Garmin 810 on the table at Val Bonne, Modderfontein on Sunday the 27/04/2014. it was a birthday present and literally 1 month old, please if anyone picked it up, if they can give me a call, 082 456 0902 or mail me, mark@rollei.co.za

Eish boet, that's a helluva device to simply leave lying around, tie it around your neck next time. Fingers crossed it magically finds it's way back to you.

appealing to all cyclists, i left my Garmin 810 on the table at Val Bonne, Modderfontein on Sunday the 27/04/2014. it was a birthday present and literally 1 month old, please if anyone picked it up, if they can give me a call, 082 456 0902 or mail me, mark@rollei.co.za

thanks, im hoping that there is some decency in someone who has the unit to return it, a long shot, but who knows!

thanks, im hoping that there is some decency in someone who has the unit to return it, a long shot, but who knows!

Long shot indeed...don't feel too bad, we have all done things like that.

I remember reading on here about a bloke that bought a Garmin from a hubber, this hubber then went and registered the unit as stolen. So when the new owner went for upgrades, it was flagged and he ended up with some trouble which he did not ask for.

My point, go log your unit as stolen with Garmin, it might just find its way home?

Long shot indeed...don't feel too bad, we have all done things like that.

I remember reading on here about a bloke that bought a Garmin from a hubber, this hubber then went and registered the unit as stolen. So when the new owner went for upgrades, it was flagged and he ended up with some trouble which he did not ask for.

My point, go log your unit as stolen with Garmin, it might just find its way home?

thanks for the feedback, any clue on how to register is with Garmin?

Thanks, hoping to get the opportunity to try this, anyone know how to report it stolen once registered?

• 3 weeks later...