Clarens Mtn bike race - marathon & half marathon

Ed_mtnman

Given my current non-cycling status, I decided to break out the camera gear and capture some images from the recent Clarens Mtn bike race.

post-58946-0-71956700-1399323610_thumb.jpg

As a result of being asked numerous times where the images can be sourced, I've opened up a public album, feel free to browse around and enjoy.

post-58946-0-16787000-1399323619_thumb.jpg

Links to the full albums are below

Marathon - http://goo.gl/KDzpP5

Half marathon - http://goo.gl/9Zg34d

As an amateur photgrapher myself, i must commend you on the quality of your photos. These are far better than anything i've seen from those so called pro companies that shoot races, and then try charge an arm and a leg for copies.

Pity you could'nt be at more than one place at a time.

Very nice shots. Caught me pushing my bike to the finish after a broken derailleur at 60km... wish there was a huge sign stating how much I suffered to give the crowds an idea of how I felt.

Edited by Virtuoso

Very nice shots. Caught me pushing my bike to the finish after a broken derailleur at 60km... wish there was a huge sign stating how much I suffered to give the crows and idea of how I felt.

Had a chat with you along the way just before the finish.

Well done for walking it out. You have my respect - walking the last 15kms must have been agonising.

Edited by RocknRolla

Thanks. It was grueling but wanted my first 75km finish. Only thought about bypassing the derailleur and going SS after speaking to a friend 5min after the race. Guess it's all in the learning process. Had a good few chats with a couple of the guys wanting to help along the way. Thanks to everyone that offered.

thank you brilliant, can we not contribute some bucks if we download?

Thanks much appreciated - Feel free to download and enjoy for any non-commercial use.

As an amateur photgrapher myself, i must commend you on the quality of your photos. These are far better than anything i've seen from those so called pro companies that shoot races, and then try charge an arm and a leg for copies.

Pity you could'nt be at more than one place at a time.

Thanks for the kind feedback - I enjoyed capturing the images - its a real bonus that others enjoy them too. :drool:

Thanks much appreciated - Feel free to download and enjoy for any non-commercial use.

thank you, much appreciated

wish more blokes had similar attitude