Assistance please

Wilbies05

Morning All,

Hope this is the right forum. lol

First off, I want to say i am not trying to be under handed or doing this for self enrichment,

My wife and i and our 3 kids relocated to Vryburg in December, and got involved with a Church (Vaderhart - under the leadership of Ps Ettiene Binnemann and his wife) and have realized there is absolutely nothing for the youth in Vryburg (aged from 8 to 18) to do, the youth (white black and colored not to racial), they are on the streets smoking doing drugs and getting into absolute trouble. Being a Father and being proud of what my kids heck family has achieved as cyclists we have wanted to try and start the following:

We want to introduce the youth to MTB, we have already got a farmer in Vryburg who has opened his farm to us (I was there yesterday and its awesome some single track jeep track loose sand hard pack some rock a bit of everything), we can have course set out anything from 6km loop up to a 18km loop and we could easily add onto this.

Okay to the point what are we asking for,

1 Any old Mountain Bikes laying collecting dust in any state,

2 Any cycling gear Helmets shirts anything

3 Any spare parts that are not being used

More importantly any advice from the people on the Hub SA with regards to Indemnity Forms and advice please. We are humble people who have been blessed but cant afford to buy 3 or 4 extra bikes to be used on a loan bases on the farm for people to try and see if they like the concept.

Plans are to build a Team to enter event eventaully and to try uplift our youth and show them there is so much joy beingpart of a awesome family that we take for granted daily. The Family of God and ofcourse the Family of cycling.

PLEASE I AM NOT TRYING TO HAVE SELF ENRICHMENT (sorry for the caps) but am trying to start a project that I believe will do well, my family and i are more than happy to offer our time and guidance (for what its worth), to make this a better place.

Thank you for your time.

Sean Janine Joshua Aura and Seth.

I have two bags full of cycling clothing I don't use anymore. Spandex only stretch so far you know :whistling: :blush:

PM me your address and ill happily donate that to the cause. Im moving soon so have to start sorting out the garage as well and ill see what there is parts wise that I can donate as well.

If you are willing to put a well thought out plan and motivation together, there are several organisations that might be able to help. BEN, PPA & JAG Foundation comes to mind.

I have two bags full of cycling clothing I don't use anymore. Spandex only stretch so far you know :whistling: :blush:

PM me your address and ill happily donate that to the cause. Im moving soon so have to start sorting out the garage as well and ill see what there is parts wise that I can donate as well.

Awesome and Thank you again PM sent adress and contact details. Photos and videos will be taken and put on my facebook page link to be supplied if admin will allow this.

If you are willing to put a well thought out plan and motivation together, there are several organisations that might be able to help. BEN, PPA & JAG Foundation comes to mind.

I will put this together and thank you, wow talk about wild fire and excitment.

PM me your postal addy as I have some clothes like Bogus and few odds and ends taking up space.

Thank you again PM sent. This is so awesome seriously.

Great initiative!

Here are some pointers for you to structure this properly:

1. Start a Mountainbiking Club

2. Draw up a constitution for the Club

3. Do a budget for the club. Include items such as signage, trail maintenance, youth development etc

4. Establish a membership fee. For the fee members get access to the club trails (farm mentioned). It does not have to be a lot of money, but something to motivate people to join instead of paying day fees at the trail. The development riders mentioned may get free membership, or some of the businesses in Vryburg could sponsor a rider for an annual membership.

5. Establish a day fee for the trail.

6. Do some route planning with the land owner. He will have a good idea of where good trails could be built that will not affect his farming operations or be compromised by future farming operations.

7. When joining the club, members agree to the club rules and any disclaimer regarding safety / injury

8. Use an honesty box for day permits in the week and have a youngster on duty on weekends (for free membership perhaps or even a bit of pocket money) to charge fees. At the honesty box have signage up with disclaimers

9. Approach the local paper about a free editorial about the club once everything is in place.

10. Set up a club website.

OK that should keep you busy for a while. PS, look at Tygerberg MTB club's site for a good constitution etc and chat to Matthew from TBMTB Club about structures etc.

Good luck, and let us know when we Capies can come up to do some Vryburg riding.

Great initiative!

Here are some pointers for you to structure this properly:

1. Start a Mountainbiking Club

2. Draw up a constitution for the Club

3. Do a budget for the club. Include items such as signage, trail maintenance, youth development etc

4. Establish a membership fee. For the fee members get access to the club trails (farm mentioned). It does not have to be a lot of money, but something to motivate people to join instead of paying day fees at the trail. The development riders mentioned may get free membership, or some of the businesses in Vryburg could sponsor a rider for an annual membership.

5. Establish a day fee for the trail.

6. Do some route planning with the land owner. He will have a good idea of where good trails could be built that will not affect his farming operations or be compromised by future farming operations.

7. When joining the club, members agree to the club rules and any disclaimer regarding safety / injury

8. Use an honesty box for day permits in the week and have a youngster on duty on weekends (for free membership perhaps or even a bit of pocket money) to charge fees. At the honesty box have signage up with disclaimers

9. Approach the local paper about a free editorial about the club once everything is in place.

10. Set up a club website.

OK that should keep you busy for a while. PS, look at Tygerberg MTB club's site for a good constitution etc and chat to Matthew from TBMTB Club about structures etc.

Good luck, and let us know when we Capies can come up to do some Vryburg riding.

what awesome advice and thank you, we are busy with the local paper and yes everyone is open to a awesome invite for fun and sun.

Just keep going. I am sure you are going to have many hurdles. Keep it up and well done. There are far too many half finished projects in this country. Well done.

we have decided nothing will stop us, I don't know how to quit, don't know if that's always a good thing, but this involves three things i am passionate about, God Kids and of course cycling, blessed to have a wife and 3 kids (14 11 10 years of age) that share my passion and desire for all 3 of the above. Thank you for the encouragement.

Thanks for all the advice and guidance and to those who have already committed to this amazing cause.

Hi All,

I am still looking for some seriously old MTB bikes or even just parts of bikes to please build up machines for the youth development, to the awesome people who have offered clothes thank you, I have in boxed each of you. Please people of the hub, could anyone assist here.