Sram GXP Crank 3x10 and 2x10

Sidmouth

Can anyone help.

I am about to take delivery of a new{second Hand bike} from a mate, great deal, the problem is I have a 2 speed crank and the new bike will have a 3 speed crank, can one convert a 3 ring to 2 ring, secondly my current bike has the normal GXP screw in BB , the new bike has a press fit bearing type BB

Well, a gxp crankset will fit on either GXP bb.

You should be able to swop the two cranks around.

can convert any bike to 1/2/3 ring crank. swapping the cranks out is more problematic depending on the BB the various bikes take. There are adapters on the market for GXP to press fit - I however do not know the longevity thereof

I dont want to swap the cranks as I the 3 speed is in much better condition, I was wondering if you could convert a 3 speed to 2 speed

Would need a new crank arm, simply dropping a ring would not do anything about chainline

Sorry, may also be able to do it if you just change spider on the crank - depending on the type of crank :)

Hi Ysterperd.

this is what I was looking for, an answer on that Spider thing, it looks like the crank comes apart even further and I am hoping I can keep the new 3x10 crank but put a 2x10 spider on, sorry speaking with no knowledge but I have seen them selling these spiders in shops?

Hi Ysterperd.

this is what I was looking for, an answer on that Spider thing, it looks like the crank comes apart even further and I am hoping I can keep the new 3x10 crank but put a 2x10 spider on, sorry speaking with no knowledge but I have seen them selling these spiders in shops?

I might have a 3 ring spider for sale.

Converted my 3 spd crank to 1 x, so not using the spider anymore.

Regards

Christie

O sorry, you have both. But you can swop the spiders as far as I know

Great so the spider and not the entire crank dictate the ring number, IE 2 or 3

What does a spider cost? Christie, what do you want for your?

post-46828-0-93055500-1399623761_thumb.jpg

Great so the spider and not the entire crank dictate the ring number, IE 2 or 3

What does a spider cost? Christie, what do you want for your?

How much do you want for your 2x10 spider? I would be interested, I have a 3x10 crank on the way and my bike is 2x10, maybe we could even swop spiders.

Edited by Chip

How much do you want for your 2x10 spider? I would be interested, I have a 3x10 crank on the way and my bike is 2x10, maybe we could even swop spiders.

LOL

yes I do, But I will have to convert both cranks to 2x10, to match the current gearing on the old bike, so I will just need a second spider

LOL

yes I do, But I will have to convert both cranks to 2x10, to match the current gearing on the old bike, so I will just need a second spider

Sorry my bad, didn't read the whole thread...doh!!!

Were in the same predicament.