Robbed on Sir Lowry's

sa_eagle

Hi guys

Just want to let you know that I was robbed whilst riding on the railway servitude road in Sir Lowry's. This is a popular route for local MTB'ers and it's a very sad day when such a beautiful place to ride becomes too dangerous.

I was robbed by two guys with weapons but thankfully I'm OK. They stole my Polar HRM (S725X) but were too stupid to find my cell phone in the secret pocket of my shorts.

I reported the incident at Sir Lowry's police station, they were very helpful! Sadly they told me I was the second robbery up there this morning.

Please if you're going to ride up there don't go alone.

Also, if anyone is offered a Polar S725X HRM with the profile 'Dino' on it, please let me know.

That sucks, sorry.

Where did it happen? Up on the Schapenberg trails or above High Riding. How did they stop you and what weapons did they have? I ride there a lot by myself so just need a little more info.

Thanks.

glad you alright bud, also a recent victim\survivor?? of theft on my bike, it sucks - but you are alive, that's all that counts..

when were you robbed, when we were on our way from houw hoek tour,hermanus on sunday i saw to guys walk down the pass on the mountain towards Grabouw area, i said to my brother at the time, those are definetly suspects of the string of robberies that's been happening in Grabouw, i was the only one who saw it, the weather was terrible coming over the pass that day, so driving down there was hard enough. I should've told them to pick the phone up and alert the cops, it could've of stopped the perps. Or made them alert if there weren't perps.

Thanks for your support guys.

I was actually riding my 29er unicycle so I couldn't exactly ride away from the thieves. It happened on the servitude road quite close to High Riding and the scumbags ran off towards Knoerhoek/Di Cape winery area.

Thankfully they left my uni alone, I don't think they could quite fathom it out. LOL! But mostly I'm just very grateful that they didn't hurt me in any way.

Please if you ride up in the area be very careful.

That sucks, sorry.

Where did it happen? Up on the Schapenberg trails or above High Riding. How did they stop you and what weapons did they have? I ride there a lot by myself so just need a little more info.

Thanks.

They were two Xhosa guys with blades. One had a sickle the other a rusty pair of scissors. They were hiding behind a tree and jumped out on me at the last minute. I really thought they were going to stab me. The leader had a crazed look in his eyes and it was all I could do to calm him down and promise him I wasn't going to fight him. He never once lowered his sickle/blade and was very very agressive. I made a point of looking at him a lot and only spoke to him so hopefully my description of him will help the cops.

Please please be very careful up there if you're on your own!