Creating/Mapping routes on Google Maps

Wes84

Is there a way to map/create your routes on Google Maps / Earth while you ride?

I have done this by hand on Google Maps. There are a bunch of other apps like Runtastic, Endomondo & Runtastic Mountainbike (apps relate to smart phones) that track the route on Google while you ride but how do you get these routes on your Google account to then share / export them without going and mapping them again by hand?

I use the mountain bike version of runtastic. Once you have ridden and recorded the route you can open it on the website and export it as a .kml/tcx/gpx file which can then be imported into google earth

Not sure of that helps..

Edited by Raydek

I use the mountain bike version of runtastic. Once you have ridden and recorded the route you can open it on the website and export it as a .kml/tcx/gpx file which can then be imported into google earth

Not sure of that helps..

My Tracks

Google's recorder and then automatically there is you log onto your profile on G maps.

Awsome!!! Thank you very much!!

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to plan a route on Google Maps/Earth in advance?

I want to plan a few rides for Knysna in December and what to get an idea of the planned routes.

Is it possible to plan a route on Google Maps/Earth in advance?

I want to plan a few rides for Knysna in December and what to get an idea of the planned routes.

yup.

open google earth

create path.

save as kml/gpx

or where you looking for a more sophisticated answer?