What distance race?

CraigCCW

Hi I've done the tour of durban 105km road race now I want to do the compendium 45km mtb race bush. How does the distance compare with the road to the bush.im just hoping I would manger the 45km

If I may ask what was your time for Tour Durban?

Yes you should be able to complete the Compenduim 45km easily if you pace yourself as the climbing is in the beginning and end with a lot of single track in the middle.

Hi I've done the tour of durban 105km road race now I want to do the compendium 45km mtb race bush. How does the distance compare with the road to the bush.im just hoping I would manger the 45km

100km road = 50km mountain (yes, yes, I know it is a thumbsuck / generalization, but it sure holds some truth)

So, I think you'll be fine.

I'm not sure whether you are talking about MTB or road races, however I know of many people who have never raced in their life and with a bit of training have gone on to "debut" at the 94.7, finishing it while having a great time as well.

Just enter and do it! ;)

I am talking about MTB races, and I have entered a 25km on the 8th June & then a 45Km on the 22nd.

I am talking about MTB races, and I have entered a 25km on the 8th June & then a 45Km on the 22nd.

Give them stick! Then do the 94.7 on your MTB just for the fun of it.

Just do it...you will surprise yourself. if there is one thing ive learned during my cycling and triathlon years (there has not been many haha) is you can push yourself further that what you think. Your mind is the limit to what you can do

I see you live in the sunninghill are, should go for a ride sometime

Thanks for the advice, I have entered for a 45Km on the 22nd June, so I will see how it goes.

I often ride alone around the Sunninghill, Paulshof & Kyalami areas (time permitting), but it would be nice to ride with someone every now and then. Let me know and we can make a plan, I may slow you down though :D