2014 Giba Gravity Enduro - 12th July 2014

nigelhicks

Whatever. I've trained for months and I totally intend to beat Sabine this time.

Good luck with that. Hope you've been practicing ducking under and jumping over the tape!!!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reminder, registration will be from 6h00 to 8h00 on Saturday morning.

Race briefing will be at 8h30, after which you can start making your way up the hill to start riding at 09h00

Number boards will be supplied.

Bring on the fun!!!

Guest Sam Blake

Just a reminder, registration will be from 6h00 to 8h00 on Saturday morning.

Race briefing will be at 8h30, after which you can start making your way up the hill to start riding at 09h00

Number boards will be supplied.

Bring on the fun!!!

Are we allowed to use `GoPros during the race, Dave?

Are we allowed to use `GoPros during the race, Dave?

Yes. Point of view cameras and GPS devices are allowed.

Well done to the organisers of this event.

I think G2G had a lot to do with the planning and building of the trail, and it was top class.

At the end I was undecieded about which stage was the best, as all were so good !

This is the third year of this event,and each year it gets better,having 5 stages was a winner.

Well done to the organisers of this event.

I think G2G had a lot to do with the planning and building of the trail, and it was top class.

At the end I was undecieded about which stage was the best, as all were so good !

This is the third year of this event,and each year it gets better,having 5 stages was a winner.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

If anybody else has any feedback or comments, feel free to send them to me. We are always looking for ways to improve and correct mistakes.

If anybody has some pics or videos of the day, we would love to see them too, Unless it's of that idiot crashing into the safety fencing at the end of the final stage!!!

Awesome event! On my way back to jhb this a.m. and already having with dawns from two days of awesome Kzn trails!

Well done to all responsible for making Saturday happen. Sweet day on the bike!

Thanks guys for a great event. Been watching (and riding) the trails as they got built and sorted out over the past few months. A lot of effort from all involved, but I know you guys enjoy the build up as much as the event.

End results - fantastic trails. All five were great. Would have preferred stage 3 to include the cliff path rather than rattlesnake, but I know it would have added a lot more pedalling. Other than that all route options were great.

The "choose your order" was very beneficial as it meant not having to wait for more than 3 or 4 people before hitting the trail, so we were done by 11h30 without riding hard on any of the hills.

Absolutely awesome event! The most fun to be had with your clothes on. Really well done guys, the stages were very well planned and marked out. Thank you to everyone involved and let me know next year if you need some extra hands with the setting up I'm always keen to help out.

oh who were the guys taking pics on stage 1? anyone know?

The "choose your order" was very beneficial as it meant not having to wait for more than 3 or 4 people before hitting the trail, so we were done by 11h30 without riding hard on any of the hills.

agree with that! not a fan of queues!All in all I thought it was a great event, thanks to all involved. Next year I'll have to practise the runs before hand :D

Great event and thanks to all involved. The taping of the trails and the timing set up was excellent (I only had one minor trail navigation mishap). My only regret is not pushing that little kid over in the demolition derby and taking the win! :P

Awesome awesome awesome event! Thanks so much to everyone involved. Nothing on the annual MTB calendar compares! More Enduro please!

Only thing that I would have done differently would be to combine the Giba Market (that took place yesterday) to the same day as the Enduro, or visa versa. Would have guaranteed a massive crowd at the finish and some entertainment for the wives and kids that weren't riding!

Awsum Riding!!

Stage 1 deserves a round of applause.

Was really cool not having a specific order of stages.

Did anyone else have near collisions at the bottom of 1,2,3, that was a special kind of sketchy :P

Hard-tail division is the only thing that would have improved it

Awsum Riding!!

Stage 1 deserves a round of applause.

Was really cool not having a specific order of stages.

Did anyone else have near collisions at the bottom of 1,2,3, that was a special kind of sketchy :P

Hard-tail division is the only thing that would have improved it

Wahahaha Hardtail division,you would be surprised how much faster some hardtail riders are then FS riders.