2014 Giba Gravity Enduro - 12th July 2014

nigelhicks

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wahahaha Hardtail division,you would be surprised how much faster some hardtail riders are then FS riders.

Thats why it would be cool, cause you could actually see who was on a hard tail and how fast they went :P

Yeah awesome event. Well planned, trail marking was good, I'm not aware of any hiccups with the timing, which is always good.

Enjoyed all the stages, had a pretty decent day out on the bike, no crashes, and runs went well for me besides some cramping issues.

Should make this a bi-annual event, given that there's hardly any enduro events in the second half of the year :)

But yeah Dave and Nige (and whoever else helped) seriously well done with the organising, I don't think I can fault you on anything!

Was a fat jol.

Took a tumble over the bars on stage 2, but no biggy.

Was a good vibe amongst the riders, and awesome to chill afterwards.

:(

I now have ROMO (Realization of missing out)

I also have ROMO because I only did the stages once each on Saturday :whistling:

Edited by Nofearnofun

I also have ROMO because I only did the stages once each on Saturday :whistling:

Was that when your race was cut short by one of your signature head plants? :lol:

Hi from France. Glad you all had fun. Makes all the planning well worth it. Thanks a million to Dave for filling in for me. Bummed I missed it.

Was that when your race was cut short by one of your signature head plants? :lol:

Nope, head planted right at the begining and kept going, slowly but still kept going...

Guest Sam Blake

Perfect event, Dave. I was one one of the bunch that did the goldfish bowl thing by accidentally riding back up B line on the 5th stage right before the house. It took a second run down the A line to realise I had to turn left into the house. All excellent stages and the idea to do the stages in any order was brilliant. The derby at the end was great spectator value. Lesson for next time, take out the kids first!

Should make this a bi-annual event, given that there's hardly any enduro events in the second half of the year :)

But yeah Dave and Nige (and whoever else helped) seriously well done with the organising, I don't think I can fault you on anything!

Hi from France. Glad you all had fun. Makes all the planning well worth it. Thanks a million to Dave for filling in for me. Bummed I missed it.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

If anybody else has any feedback or comments, feel free to send them to me. We are always looking for ways to improve and correct mistakes.

If anybody has some pics or videos of the day, we would love to see them too, Unless it's of that idiot crashing into the safety fencing at the end of the final stage!!!

Totally agree with Nicko, a second Giba enduro towards the end of the year would be awesome!

Totally utterly mindblowingly fun.....

without a doubt one of the best days out on your bike for the whole year.

well run.....

properly marked

properly challenging

rewarding technical features with time penalty for chicken run lines

am stoked to see the use of open sections where you can use your initiative too

awesome finish arena setup

the festivities afterwards were a blast too

the burger and beer (well maybe beers in my case) was the cherry on top

coming 8th overall and 2nd subvet was pretty swell too...(thanks Dave and Nige for not riding hahahahah)

job well done by all.....

more please :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Perfect event, Dave. I was one one of the bunch that did the goldfish bowl thing by accidentally riding back up B line on the 5th stage right before the house. It took a second run down the A line to realise I had to turn left into the house. All excellent stages and the idea to do the stages in any order was brilliant. The derby at the end was great spectator value. Lesson for next time, take out the kids first!

I need to go back and look at this section to figure out how you guys managed to turn backwards up a B line in stead of going forwards. But will note it for next time and make sure it is obvious.

Luckily you realized were to go or else you may still be there, riding round and round in circles!!!!

Guest Sam Blake

I need to go back and look at this section to figure out how you guys managed to turn backwards up a B line in stead of going forwards. But will note it for next time and make sure it is obvious.

Luckily you realized were to go or else you may still be there, riding round and round in circles!!!!

Maybe you should go check, there could still be about five or six riders still circling around there.

I think it was because as you came down the A line the door to the house wasn't apparent so you (well… some of us) were looking ahead at the trail as it veered to the right, not realising that was actually the approach from the B line.

Guest Sam Blake

What this man says! Also worth mentioning that it was really well priced especially considering the free food and a beer at the end as well as the gift bags, free Fox shirts to the first 50, awesome prizes and lucky draws… And the dirty **** eating grin at the end was priceless (as was watching the race organiser careening into the finish fence with a beer bottle in his backpack). Probably the best value from a race that I've ever had.