Scott Spark 29" Suspension help

Cycle Fan

Hi Guys,

I have a Scott Spark Elite 29". Enjoy the bike but the more I ride it the more I'm coming to dislike the limited suspension settings. It's the Twinloc with the Full Open or Full lockout so when it's open there's a lot of pedal bob. Find that when riding on uneven terrain the open is too open and the lock is too stiff.

Was thinking of upgrading the rear shock to a Fox RP23 or Monarch RT3 (both with the pro-pedal type middle setting).

Any suggestions or comments? Done a bit of reading and it seems that the change would eliminate most of the need for the remote lockout lever. Thought maybe I could just leave it on for the front shock?

Thanks

If its a scott spark elite 2012 the twinloc should have 3 settings (Full open, medium[back shock] & full lockout)

Ja, been trying to play around with the settings and they seems a bit better but not fantastic.

If its a scott spark elite 2012 the twinloc should have 3 settings (Full open, medium[back shock] & full lockout)

It's defintely only got the 2 settings.

I had the version which is a later model. The dtswiss rear shocks are very difficult to set up correctly. The only way you will be able to do is take the shock pump to a section of trail that has some rough bits. Ride it then add or remove air from the shock, you can also play with the rebound. Keep doing this until it feels right. I found that you need to have it harder than they say you should.

It should have 3. Lockout, Trail and Descend. (LTD)

Is LTD written on your top tube anywhere?

Any other suggestions?

I have a 2014 Fox CTD with autosag on my bike. Despite the fact that the autosag set-up is supposed to work 100% of the time for your body weight, I was never really happy with my rear shock. Just like you, I felt it was too soft.

I got an old shock pump from a friend and increased my rear shock by 20psi (130 to 150) and it transformed the bike.

Before you spend all the money on a new shock, try playing around with different shock pressures. Unless your terrain is REALLY rough, you don't need the rear to be super soft...

My 2c

Thanks for all the suggestions.. to answer some of the comments:

- it doesn't have the CTD shock so it's only got the Full open or lock

- I've tried playing with the pressures and the rebound but maybe I need to ge the LBS to help set it up

Any other suggestions?

Twinlock should have 3 positions - get a good tech to look at it - alternately, send them in for service.

Do the FOX RP23 conversion, you wont be sorry.

Do you find that you need to 'play' with the 3 settings quite a bit (like I'm having to with the remote)? Or do you just leave it in the ProPedal setting and only change for big climbs or descents?

Twinlock should have 3 positions - get a good tech to look at it - alternately, send them in for service.

This was the model before they introduced the 3-stage lockout. Only the top-end bikes came with it

I would definitely change to the Fox, all the new Scott bikes are coming with them. Have changed to the Fox on all my Scott bikes. Never used the Monarch