Alberton/Meyerton Farm

awesme

Hi all

For a while now I've been eye'ing the service road/security road that the Meyers have created just on the inside of the palisade fence.

Looks like a awesome trail,

Last night we noticed some lights, lights moving like what you'd expect on a MTB.

Anyone know how a person can get in there, are the Meyers allowing people to ride round the coppie?

G

Hi all

For a while now I've been eye'ing the service road/security road that the Meyers have created just on the inside of the palisade fence.

Looks like a awesome trail,

Last night we noticed some lights, lights moving like what you'd expect on a MTB.

Anyone know how a person can get in there, are the Meyers allowing people to ride round the coppie?

G

Hey G

Are you referring to the fence next to the Reading interchange (R59/N12W)? If so that is part of the reserve connected to the Eco-Estate and the residents of the estate have access to it. It is an awesome trail with some very tough climbs.

Hi L4y3rrcake

YES.

As you go round the Reading interchange, away from Michelle. Towards the N12, on the left, just inside the fence.

How do we get access, where is the access point, how much does it cost?

Open times?

G

Hey G

Are you referring to the fence next to the Reading interchange (R59/N12W)? If so that is part of the reserve connected to the Eco-Estate and the residents of the estate have access to it. It is an awesome trail with some very tough climbs.

Hi L4y3rrcake

YES.

As you go round the Reading interchange, away from Michelle. Towards the N12, on the left, just inside the fence.

How do we get access, where is the access point, how much does it cost?

Open times?

G

You need to know someone in the estate. I have 2 family members and a few friends that own property there. Unfortunately only 1 friend also rides and I get to ride with him on the odd occasion.

There was also a race there this past weekend at the Klipkoppie Fees.

Edited by l4y3rcake

Haha, if you would've asked this a week ago, you could've went to the Klipkoppie Fees.

They hosted a 20km race there and it was quite tough (400m ascent). I doubt that they will give access to the public though.

Unless you are a resident or are let in by a resident you have no chance to ride inside the Eco .

I've tried .....but if you do get in, its properly tough .

we used to ride there before it was an "Eco Estate", all the way from steers over the mountain to where the Glen is across the highway to Marist Brothers and into Lynmeyer...

oops, the one person that I know in there def would not give me the time of day...

Ok, I'm def keen to do that ride sometime, if anyone plans something please keep me in mind.

G

You need to know someone in the estate. I have 2 family members and a few friends that own property there. Unfortunately only 1 friend also rides and I get to ride with him on the odd occasion.

There was also a race there this past weekend at the Klipkoppie Fees.

Yeah I did the 30km Klippkoppie race. Was awesome! Meyers farm ends at the bottom of the hill and most of what you see is the eco estate. The views from the top are incredible! From the service road you see all the way to that cell tower are a plethora of wide tracks with some very rocky descents and tons of wildlife. Buy a house there for us! There are plenty stands to just build a parking lot and some lockers. :clap:

oops, the one person that I know in there def would not give me the time of day...

Ok, I'm def keen to do that ride sometime, if anyone plans something please keep me in mind.

G

I'll give you a shout when we hit it again. We usually do it early on a Saturday morning. I just started riding on monday again after a 4 month absence(Lazy-ass-syndrome) and not in any condition to hit those climbs. I'm sure I'll get there in a month or so.

sounds good, gives me a month also to get the legs a bit stronger.

Mostly doing Wednesday and Friday Thaba atm, Sunday morning long ride.

G

I'll give you a shout when we hit it again. We usually do it early on a Saturday morning. I just started riding on monday again after a 4 month absence(Lazy-ass-syndrome) and not in any condition to hit those climbs. I'm sure I'll get there in a month or so.

we used to ride there before it was an "Eco Estate", all the way from steers over the mountain to where the Glen is across the highway to Marist Brothers and into Lynmeyer...

Those were the days, rode that place 'flat' for a long time till a fence was erected overnight. We were frogmarched out of their one early dark morning by security and that was the end of that.

Had a run in with the 'infamous' Mr Niel Diamond including a letter published in the local knock and drop .... made promises regarding access for walkers/mountain bikers that never materialised.

I don't beg to ride anywhere so just ride elsewhere now .....