Our 8km and 15km routes are captured.

We are busy building a 25km and 35km route with lots more single track

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sien julle more oggend Henry - ek bring weer die Maniyaks deur :D

lekker man lekker

• 2 weeks later...

New bridge going up in Buffelsdrift - glad to have played a msall) part in getting in it :)

post-29544-0-27305900-1407406814_thumb.jpg

post-29544-0-91931200-1407406833_thumb.jpg

post-29544-0-61197700-1407406865_thumb.jpg

Riaan

Your role and that of the Maniyaks was not small at all!! :-)

I did two laps in Buffelsdrift on Saturday and enjoyed every moment. Thanks to everybody who put in seriously hard work to make this possible. And thanks to Riaan making me aware of this gem. Much appreciated.

So what sort of distance can one do in and around buffelsdrift? Is it only the 15km loop or is there some gravel road to add some distance?

Looking to go there on Saturday perhaps but for want to drive out for just 15km.

There's a wide well worn footpaht some 10-20m off to the side of the Molotto road that we normally ride on, it goes from Zambezi up to the railway tracks. Why not join us one Saturday morning and we'll show you. 7:00 from Montana Value center (The one where the Outdoor warehouse and Landmark is)

HI Man,

Do you guys always ride that time or has it changed since the weather is warmer? Is anyone welcome?

Anyone wellcome, it's still from 07:00, should change to 06:00 in September or so.

Squier there's tons of gravel roads there, some good, some horrid sinkplaat (tip - if you find a sinkplaat road, leave it asap as it's a busy access route)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I'm staying in Montana area next week

Any road groups nearby for weekdays riding or best to bring the MTB with?

Hi

I'm staying in Montana area next week

Any road groups nearby for weekdays riding or best to bring the MTB with?

Hi Gas, You can do either, there is a lekker trail - link just above your post. Or you can get in touch with Maniyak Cycles (or pm "pants boy"). But id say mtb, that way you can do road / tar. 

Did most of my Transbaviaans training north of Pretoria.  Start at Derdepoort ride east of Roodeplaat dam on the gravel roads (train line is a good beacon).  Stop short of the back end of mams, or push to Cullinan.  Turn back cut across the bottom of Roodeplaat dam, along the railway line (again) come out on the old warmbaths road near Bon Accord dam.  You can then go all the way to Britz, head over the pass to Harties and come back via Teresa park....

Did most of my Transbaviaans training north of Pretoria.  Start at Derdepoort ride east of Roodeplaat dam on the gravel roads (train line is a good beacon).  Stop short of the back end of mams, or push to Cullinan.  Turn back cut across the bottom of Roodeplaat dam, along the railway line (again) come out on the old warmbaths road near Bon Accord dam.  You can then go all the way to Britz, head over the pass to Harties and come back via Teresa park....

How many KM's was that ride

Archived