57cm is it the right size any advice

Hi there guys can someone help I bought a 2010 specialized allez comp road bike my problem is that before I bought it I phoned a bike shop to make shore the size is right so I need some info I'm 1.86m tall and the frame size is 57cm now I've riding the bike and its the best smooth comfartably ride I've evr had but I don't want to look strange me so tall on a small bike and the seat is so high so any advice

For your height that sounds right. I'm same height and have always ridden a 57-58. It might look strange to you because Allez has as sloping top- tube. Book yourself a proper setup session to make sure everything is optimised.

You are probably on the right size bike, but a lot more than just height comes in to play.

I am 188cm and ride a 58cm frame and have also ridden a 56cm so it is definitely no to small.

Inseam dependent. I am 187cm tall but have a 91cm inseam, short torso, long arms and legs. I ride a 60cm conventional geometry frame. Compact frames and I don't work too well. I agree, book in for a setup and see what the outcome is.

Inseam dependent. I am 187cm tall but have a 91cm inseam, short torso, long arms and legs. I ride a 60cm conventional geometry frame. Compact frames and I don't work too well. I agree, book in for a setup and see what the outcome is.

I'm sorta in the same boat 188cm tall 93cm inseam. Have ridden a 60cm but cuz I got long legs and short torso found it a bit of a stretch, so I rather have 200-300mm of seatpost out the frame and ride a 56-58cm with a 100-110mm stem and 44cm bars.

With modern geometry the trend is shorter seat tube and longer top tube ratio. The classic "italian" geometry is what I like. 60cm seat tube gets you a 58cm top tube, and run a 130 stem right down on the headset. On a 58 I have to lift my stem up and it just looks odd. I feel the most comfortable on that setup. I really struggle with "modern" sloping top tube designs.

Edited by quintonb

Thanx guys for the advice It just feals wierd because the seat is so high but it really is comfertabl for me just font want people saying to me don't you think that bikes a bit small for you