Garmin 810

Geite

Hi fellow MTB fans,

I am looking at getting the Garmin 810...Just a quick question. Can the Garmin 810 load "maps" of other riders? I am talking about routes through Jonkershoek/Eden as example? If so, how easy is it to follow the route instructions whilst riding?

I ask these questions in bike shops and funny enough the people that are selling these products do not know the answers.

Our SA sales people are generally pathetic about knowing what they sell.

Yes, you can load maps/rides from others, you can also create your own.

How easy to follow, can't comment, but then it's a Garmin, they pretty much set the standard, everyone uses them,

have a look at forums.garmin.com, the 810 has a specific sub section. Don't get scared...

I just one myself last week, spreading the spending out, thinking of trying to get a Sani entry for next year, this way I already got it but the time I need to spend for Sani...

G

I'm happy to field any questions.. just replied to your pm but generally if anyone has any... i worked in retail for the last 5 years, garmin one of my specialties. answered plenty of questions from people who then went off to buy online cheaper so my knowledge is free :)

If you looking for a local guy to chat to about Garmin pm Tankman, no disrespect to others but he knows his $##£. Make a plan to go see him in Stellies.

Ordered my Garmin 810 yesterday and it arrived now....R1400 cheaper than the stores are selling it for!

I bought one for myself and one for my wife during the week at Cape Union Mart. I am REALLY impressed with this little devise and although i had a Bryton 50, this Garmin 810 is so more advanced. It is so user friendly that my wife absolute love it.

Cape Union Mart knocked of a R1000.00 on each one I bought.

Guest Smimby

Hi fellow MTB fans,

I am looking at getting the Garmin 810...Just a quick question. Can the Garmin 810 load "maps" of other riders? I am talking about routes through Jonkershoek/Eden as example? If so, how easy is it to follow the route instructions whilst riding?

I ask these questions in bike shops and funny enough the people that are selling these products do not know the answers.

I see you ordered it but thought I will tell you how much I like mine anyway....

Love it, and yes you can load "courses" from other people and the easiest way to do it is to log onto connect.garmin.com and go to courses and "send course to device"

You can also create a course/route and even load SA maps that you can get from DC Rainmaker for free to do Turn by Turn navigation on the roads like a GPS in a car.....fantastic device

Guest Smimby

Who wants garmin products?pm me.will beat any price.

Anyone who wants quality, reliability, easy of use and battery life