Permit for table mountain?

rock

You remember that ticket stub I photographed and said there will be repercussions?

No.

Do tell. .

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no demand to keep Tokai ticket sales open so now you cannot get a day permit anywhere. Somehow I was able to leave with a ticket stub though.. 

what is the rule re night riding? after work say 17.30 to 19.30.

I do have an activity card.

I could be wrong but I don't think there is a rule against night riding, a group of us have been going on the regular and have only ever seen a "ranger" once and that was on signal hill road. If you are ever looking for night riding buddies, gimme a shout.

I could be wrong but I don't think there is a rule against night riding, a group of us have been going on the regular and have only ever seen a "ranger" once and that was on signal hill road. If you are ever looking for night riding buddies, gimme a shout.

Should be Thursday, right?

• 2 months later...

The easiest way to solve this is for all local bike stores to sell the activity cards like revolution cycles and the table mountain cable car office to sell them then there's no need to go to all the way to muizenburg or town to get them? They could create a snap scan on the trail signs or QR code that takes payment via credit card. Everyone these days had credit card and smart phone whilst riding. I'm all for paying for service and policing it but you need to give people more options to pay?

This is extremely dangerous, it could make someone at SANParks' head explode! We shouldn't go around making such outlandish suggestions!

The easiest way to solve this is for all local bike stores to sell the activity cards like revolution cycles and the table mountain cable car office to sell them then there's no need to go to all the way to muizenburg or town to get them? They could create a snap scan on the trail signs or QR code that takes payment via credit card. Everyone these days had credit card and smart phone whilst riding. I'm all for paying for service and policing it but you need to give people more options to pay?

That QR code/snapscan is a good idea, all paid trials should have that as an option if they can't afford a ticket office or for after hours.

Perhaps be hard to police though, do the wardens do spot checks to see if you have a pass ticket as it is now, or are you supposed to display it somewhere on the bike?

Archived