Crash at Modders this morning - Note of thanks

Featherbrew

To the two cyclists who stopped to help my wife after a nasty crash near the end of the Modders green route this morning around 11, our gratitude and thanks.

The feeling of community and willingness to help is one of the things we enjoy most about mountain biking. Thanks also to everyone who came past and checked whether we were OK.

A thorough checkup showed no damage other than a serious shiner.

Thanks again!

Shame, hope you wife has a speedy recovery.

My father also had quite a nasty fall on the green route around 1pm on Monday. Big thanks to Dessy for helping and organising a bakkie to pick him up.

Also need to mention John and your wife whose name my parents cannot remember for you help.

Last but not least Mica from the Parks board who lifted him back to the parking.

No broken bones but some seriously decent bruising and cuts on his face. He will be making a full recovery!

Speedy recovery to both your wife and dad.

My friend that ride green on Monday said there were some changes on the green, before the old climb along the fence (after the reeds) where did the falls happen?

• 3 weeks later...
Speedy recovery to both your wife and dad.

My friend that ride green on Monday said there were some changes on the green, before the old climb along the fence (after the reeds) where did the falls happen?

Thanks Guys, Wife's doing much better and even attended the Tread intermediate 1 skills course over the last weekend so she's back on the bike! ????

She fell on the straight dirt road near the end of the green route approaching the small wooden gate before the tar section.

Last time I rode there a couple of months ago there was a single track leading to that wooden gate but they seem to have changed the route significantly. It's much harder now. Shame that the wife did all the difficult stuff and then fell on an easy section just because a momentary loss of concentration.