Photographers and Camera Geeks

Pantani

Pantani - this is range I get with the Tamron 18 - 250

20080312_015340_IMG_3305.jpg

Spot the red tanker

20080312_015422_IMG_3306.jpg

I am still very new to all of this, and my personal opinion is that one shouldnt get equipment far beyond one's capability or knowledge, but as you grow and learn -- you can get the other goodies. Much like cycling. Why would you urge some one who wants to do his first Argus, to buy a SRM?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and please remember. When using a ultra zooms, you need to be extreme steady. The slightest move will be vissible. Tipods and remote triggers are recommended.

Would you urge some one who wants to do his first Argus to buy a SRM? 

Yes!!! If I was the SRM salesperson at Argus Expo operating on 50% commission! Big%20smile Heel, I'd even get them to buy a Cervelo! Hahaha...

I get your drift...

Those are non APO lenses and are cr@p.The APO version is much sharper and colour is better.they sell new for about R2300.

Most people can't tell a good pic from a bad one so unless you are being commissioned to do a shoot or have extremely high standards, I reckon the lens is a minor issue.

I shot the Epic with a crappy Tamron 55-200 as it was the only one that fitted in my handlebar bag ......... yes, the images were published (locally and internationally) even though I wasn't happy with the result.

I have got the 17-70 Sigma and 70-200 Canon but I'm seriously thinking of getting the Sigma 18-200